Security Installer Community

NSI AND TEXECOM

Mornin all,

Thought i would put two posts in one to save space!

My first post is regarding the Odyssey 3 by texecom, great sound output but we have had a few fail now when the hold off is removed during service, distribution and texecom have replied that they have had no complaints, has anyone else found the same?

Another Texecom problem is the screw covers on the lid do not fit as in they will not click shut, again texecom do not report a problem!, bit of a trend here me thinks with these manufacturers!!

My other question is regarding NSI gold, we have decided to move from the SSAIB (Customers always asking are you 'narcross' approved? and fed up with explaining that is is NACOSS and no we are not but yes they are the supposed to be the same), also our main competition are all nsi gold and the prices are very close so i think the customer feels more confident with nsi.

Is there any particular paperwork the nsi like to see when commissioning systems?

Any tips people could give us would be great because we really want to get this right first time.

It will be a shame to leave the SSAIB because the inspectors are very good ex installers but we have had many a promised phone call not returned from the SSAIB and have decided enough is enough, lets get gold.

Well that is my waffle over, hope you can help.

Paul

PG Security Systems

Somerset

SSAIB Certificate of Merit Installers.

www.pgsecurity.co.uk

Guest dale

Hi Paul,

I use the Odyssey 1 (suprise suprise!), and did notice at one point that they stopped sending the screw covers - unless we got a dodgy batch!, and yes I agree sometimes the screw cap doesnt click, but it does stay on if you push it really hard onto the screw!

Ive never had a problem when removing the hold off - I regularly test this when doing service and have never experienced a problem?

Although... as much as I like Texecom (and I do regularly trumpet their products!) Im going to move over to Eldene.

Dale

You can download an information pack from the NSI website this has all the information you will need, as far as paperwork is concerned what you have for the SSAIB will be okay for the NSI as we are installing to the same standards and there reuirements are the same.

Colin.

cheers guys,

yeah we have an nsi gold pack, just wondered if they had any special tests that the inspectors like.

With regards to elmdene i looked at the stand at ifsec and am awaiting samples!

paul

PG Security Systems

Somerset

www.pgsecurity.co.uk

I use the Odessy 3 on all my alarm installs and i havn't came across a dodgy one yet.

I find if you close the caps shut first then place them in the sounder it works every time.

Whats the bet tommorrow i get one from a bad batch :lol:

Houston Security Systems Ltd

Intruder alarms

CCTV

Door entry

Fire protection

Networking

SSAIB Approved

Ive had the dodgy Odyssey 3 screw covers loads of times, I usually splay the "lip" out with my teeth on both sides, does the trick

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Nice one breff!

I have contacted john at texecom, the md i think and he reported no problems, in fact he even rang me from the production line (apparently) to say he had one in his hand and it wasn't faulty!?

I was responsible for getting them to use the grease on the 3M units after one of our sirens lugs snapped off due to a corroded screw during service, right pain in the butt!

To be honest tho he does take the faults seriously and always compensates us for the hassle we encounter.

Got a few more units winging there way back so lets see what happens this time, will keep u all posted!!

on the subject of 3M (metal versions) i dont see many firms fitting them to commercial or low level, any reason??? as we use the 3M for all industrial and all below 3 meters.

PG Security Systems

Somerset

www.pgsecurity.co.uk

Next time I see the rep Neil I'll tell him about them, we use the 3Ms for low level installs.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

:ph34r:

Kipper,

SSAIB and NSi i did just that two years ago and have been NSI since they started the scheme for non ISO approved firms, i have seen it from both sides, the NSI inspectors are a very nice set off people and have help me out alot to better my company.

NSI inspections are a lot more in depth my SSAIB inspection used to take a morning NSI here at 9am left at 17:45 learnt alot more.

Now after having the two years NSI Silver under my belt looking towards the GOLD any GOLD company want to be a mentor.

NACOSS is still the main thing in insurance companies eyes anf i dont think that will ever change unless they fold up.

I have all the documentaion on disk they give it to on your application *unless this has changed.

Rich (Going for Gold one day)

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Archived