Security Installer Community

Yale Vs Response - Which Is Better Quality / Reliable

Umster

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest anguscanplay
This thread is getting funny :) laugh :)

O.k

tell me how many bedrooms you have and your current boiler make and model.

do you have a hot water tank or is it a combi?

:P

4 bed modern detatched / prima with a tank

microbore pipe and we never have cold water just the water from the hot tap is hotter

4 bed modern detatched / prima with a tank

microbore pipe and we never have cold water just the water from the hot tap is hotter

Potterton Prima is a very good boiler... what size is it 60, 80e or 100e

why do you want to change it?

Microbore pipes :angry: are S**T!!!! long term they get clogged!!! not good

Guardtec... That's what I have in my home...Wired!!!! not wireless!!!

Personally don't like wireless....

ditto, but it is the future, and has improved enourmously.

where can I buy guardtec kit from?

think you still need to be in trade and buy direct from risco.....

so is guardtec better than scantronic

depends on who you want to argue with.....for me yes...tee hee.

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

The Infinite wireless alarm system is not bad.

Ive fitted a few without any false alarms. False alarms are just the same as with a wired alarm, all depends on PIR location ect..

Control panel is mains powered, bell box is by 12v transformer in the loft. PIRs are battery operated so you will have to change batteries about every 18 - 36 months.

Ive fitted a few without any false alarms. False alarms are just the same as with a wired alarm, all depends on PIR location ect..

Control panel is mains powered, bell box is by 12v transformer in the loft. PIRs are battery operated so you will have to change batteries about every 18 - 36 months.

eurosec cpx is a hybrid system, made by yeah Risco / Gardtec :)

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

in trade, direct from risco....not in trade....may not be possible. ;)

ring them. 01616555500......

are you thinking about installing alarms.....?

which area are you in, and did you contact Risco.....

Guest anguscanplay

Guest anguscanplay
;) well done!!!! you picked up my mistake!!!

I new to all this alarm stuff...forgive me!! :unsure:

:)

so what prima you got?

its says suPRIMA 40 ? and the tank in the airing cupboard has a big metal ball on top

Cool, thanks for that.

if the bell box use a 12v transformer, I take it that you can take a power feed from the light circuit? correct?

what are the wireless door contat like?

how does it compare to the Response SA5 system

The door contacts are great. I have only fitted 3/4 bed semis but have never seen the signal strengh dip much below maximum. And I've got a PIR in my own detached garage. the signal travels through 3 brick walls and is still almost on max.

Never used the Response alarms. They operate on the 433 MHz frequency which is a bit like the M25. Anything can use that frequency Wireless doorbells ect..

Yale and Micromark also use 433Mhz and should be stayed clear of.

Infinite use the 868Mhz frequency wich has been set aside in Europe for wireless burgular alarms and is very reliable.

Guest anguscanplay
Nothing wong with running a spur off a bedroom light as long as you protect it with a 3 amp fuse.

hmm - till the next owner plugs something else into the socket ?

Archived