Security Installer Community

Tate 4-zone Fire Panel Fault

RichardT

I'm trying to fix or replace components of a faulty 4-zone "Tate Fire and Security" fire panel. The panel now always registers "fire" on one of the zones. Internally, the main PCB is marked "1990 Securitech" and "T-S4/90". There are separate plug in cards for each of the 4 zones. It appears that it is one of the plug-in cards which is at fault as if I swap them round, it is always the same one that fails.

Does anyone knows of a supplier of replacement "zone" cards? It appears that "Tate Fire and Security" have gone out of business (or perhaps they are now part of Tate Colson?)

Ideally I would like to track down a circuit schematic to try to diagnose/fix the problem myself, though if anyone knows what is typically the source of such a failure, please reply. The zone card itself is a fairly small circuit with only 2 ICs: MC14011B (Quad 2-input NAND logic) and LM339 (Quad Voltage Comparator).

Regards,

Richard

• 1 year later...

I have just come across the exact same make and model,

Did you ever find a manufacturer?

I need the display PCB, if anyone has one.

Alternatively I guess it means I may have a zone card for you, although I realise your post was a while back......

Bill

Edited by Pyromaniac

I once had a boss who when the District surveyor said there are not enough Decibels in the Boiler room, told me to get some out of stores.

I used to deal with Tate a good few years ago and had not realised they had gone squit.

They did not manufacture. They re-branded many different manufacturers systems.

What panel is it? It may be a conventional type which uses generic bases which can be used with oodles of other panels.

Email : martin@askthetrades.co.uk

securitech were made in redditch. Later became c&k securitech. Made fire panels until the mid 90's id say in redditch uk.

Then got swallowed up c&k and production stopped, then bought by honeywell.

Unless someone has an old one then id suggest its bin time. But to be fair 4 zone basic conventional fire panels are less than

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

As said they us rebadged panels - currently they are using the Premier SX panels. http://www.screwfix.com/prods/94522/Securi...s&source=aw

Throw a pic of it up and you might strike lucky if soeone has a spare card about,although personally I'd pull it as being obsolete and fit a new one (take your pick,as James says there's a shedload out there under the

Edited by MatonTE1

• 10 years later...

Hi, did you ever sort this? I need a zone card! Or wiring diagram, let me know please 

thanks

I'm trying to fix or replace components of a faulty 4-zone "Tate Fire and Security" fire panel. The panel now always registers "fire" on one of the zones. Internally, the main PCB is marked "1990 Securitech" and "T-S4/90". There are separate plug in cards for each of the 4 zones. It appears that it is one of the plug-in cards which is at fault as if I swap them round, it is always the same one that fails.

Does anyone knows of a supplier of replacement "zone" cards? It appears that "Tate Fire and Security" have gone out of business (or perhaps they are now part of Tate Colson?)

Ideally I would like to track down a circuit schematic to try to diagnose/fix the problem myself, though if anyone knows what is typically the source of such a failure, please reply. The zone card itself is a fairly small circuit with only 2 ICs: MC14011B (Quad 2-input NAND logic) and LM339 (Quad Voltage Comparator).

Regards,

Richard

D

Hi: The post you replied to is some 10 years old now, so doubt you'll get a response.

Panel schematics were never issued to the trade by manufacturers only Installer and user manuals, if your trying to repair the panel for re-use you could be leaving yourself open to prosecution if it fails in the event of a fire.

Customers Love us, Intruders Hate us.