Security Installer Community

Diy Regulations / Standards

magpye

Guest anguscanplay
i admit i totally missed the point - or would have had i noticed it :P

we all bang on a lot about safety in here, yet nobody wants to tell me why or how using a neon screwdriver sold by the trillions is dangerous or any more dangerous to test mains is present with.

so help me out guys I HONESTLY REALLY DON'T KNOW WHY

and i'm not joking or playing the 'old fool' either.

regs

alan

tell me arf. using a test meter - how do you test a curcuit is dead ( and therefore safe to work on)?

your answer should explain why a neon is deadly

regards

A.

tell me arf. using a test meter - how do you test a curcuit is dead ( and therefore safe to work on)?

your answer should explain why a neon is deadly

regards

A.

why talk on riddle's.

wether or not my tests you would agree with is simply not relevant, simply serves to deflect.

angus your someone, usually at the forefront of warning people, and especially 'victimising' the diy sector about safety, part p and the compliance's of, i thought you would be the one most likely to post an unarguable response, and is all i have asked for.

like all of us i hope, i concider safety is a very serious issue and do i care an awful lot about, i really don't want anyone getting hurt due to my ignorance if it exists, about neon screwdriver dangers end of.

anyone reading this thread who may not want to enter into open argument, and i mean just anyone, please pm me why the neon screwdriver is so frowned on. all i ask is for a scientificly based reason not fear or conjecture. i will not mention on pain of death any names, and if needed i will alter the content (imput muown spelling mistakes ;) ) to disguise who advised me if i post any retraction/s based on it - and i will post a retraction of my views, no if's, no but's, no excuses if i'm proven wrong.

so this has got to wet the pallet - anyone want see the 'fearsome' pedantic bad Arfur Mo eat a massive lump of humble pie in public (might even do it at ifsec) and brought to his knee's then? so get typing because i ain't got all year.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Will a Mod please close this rubbish, 120+ posts that have nothing to do with the original question - that has not been answered.

magpye - O/P

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

120+ posts that have nothing to do with the original question - that has not been answered.

:hmm:

A DIYer installing in his/her own property for their own use does not have to install to or follow EN/PD6662.

Neither would they need to installing for anyone else unless claiming to do so perhaps for payment.

Even 'professional' installers don't have to install to EN/PD as long as they don't claim to - plenty of ungraded equipment available at distributors, sheds etc for them to use.

Panel can even be plugged into a socket to avoid issues with electrical connection.

Will a Mod please close this rubbish, 120+ posts that have nothing to do with the original question - that has not been answered.

magpye - O/P

You've not exactly contributed to the very discussion you started.

Why did you ask?

Windup merchant IMO.

;)

magpye - O/P

hi magpie

the original question imo was covered, well best we could, it has moved on to cover it more extensively.

if or not a diy system is affected by any regulations is obviously not a cut and dried question, like a pack of cards other issues will be leaned up against it to derive an answer. so if you decided on one or several 'cards' are not required, the 'pack' for the purpose of discussion falls apart, an as such has little or no chance of any accuracy.

this is a diy section, so many diy assumed less informed members (god help them) will have a read and decide for themselves, so best to discus fully all aspects to assist them, as if we don't, then surely we have let them down

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
Will a Mod please close this rubbish, 120+ posts that have nothing to do with the original question - that has not been answered.magpye - O/P

it has mate - the fact that yet AGAIN you dont like the answer is your problem, nobody elses

(and forget what TA was saying - he doesnt even know what day of the week it is IMO)

why talk on riddle's.

not a riddle at all (get off your high horse for once) you should test

phase to neutral

phase to earth

neutral to earth

now tell me how you do that with your NEON?

(and forget what TA was saying - he doesnt even know what day of the week it is IMO)

Coming from someone who thinks that a B&Q plug-in alarm system requires the DIYer to comply with PD6662 I find that laughable, though completely predictable - wasn't it you who said it was against the law to have a strobe light flashing for longer than 20 minutes. :roflmao:

Guest anguscanplay
Coming from someone who thinks that a B&Q plug-in alarm system requires the DIYer to comply with PD6662 I find that laughable, though completely predictable - wasn't it you who said it was against the law to have a strobe light flashing for longer than 20 minutes.

listen pal - if you wanna go head to head I`m more than ready BUT get your facts straight before you kick off.

so far in this thread alone you`ve wrongly claimed

a hard wired system doesnt need to comply with wiring regs (the clue is in the title)

anyone can fit anything anyway they like for any amount of money as long as they dont say there fitting it

enviromental pollution laws are voluntary

Part P can just be ignored

and there just the few I could be bothered to read, mentioning no names your just another of the DIY`ers playing at been an alarm engineer - you don`t know the regs, you dont know the law and you dont seem to have any advice to offer other than what you manage to gleam by hastily searching the site, leave the yellow smillies of it out the jokes on you

Archived