Security Installer Community

Trackable Radio Panic Buttons

Hi guys have been given this task. To find a radio panic system that will give the possition of the button when pressed anywhere in the building this is then linked to the cctv system to bring up accociated camera and also show grafix on pc. already have panic strips around the building that are hard wired that do this. Any thoughts or systems arround?.

TVX systems what a good idea by the time the picture had downloaded the intruder would have been long gone.
SFE.Solutions security systems

Have a look at some of the lone worker alarm / gps trackers.

We had someone enquire about a similiar situation a while back, from what I remember they wanted a system for a large warehouse where if a worker pressed a personnel panic button, an alarm would sound and move the PTZ cam to that location. Cant currently remember the manufacturer of the product we looked at, but I think it was GPS based and you could assign outputs when the panic button was pressed. The price put the client off :(

Hi guys have been given this task. To find a radio panic system that will give the possition of the button when pressed anywhere in the building this is then linked to the cctv system to bring up accociated camera and also show grafix on pc. already have panic strips around the building that are hard wired that do this. Any thoughts or systems arround?.

Ask for "man down systems" I remember there are systems that give an area for man down, most man down units have a "call" button just the same as panic.

Opps. I was just a bit slow!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

the only problem with gps is it would give the same location if you were on 1st,2nd or 3rd floors of the same building. will have a look at lone worker systems but most just set of an alarm like a normal pa.

TVX systems what a good idea by the time the picture had downloaded the intruder would have been long gone.

i had a glance at the scantronic lone worker system for a sales enquirer (which did not proceed),

the tx has a tilt switch so if the userfalls over for some reason it triggers the receiver, don't know if it can do positional.

scope marketing or blic pagers might be worth a call

regs

alan

ps

just an idea, if you can't find anything a 4 button tx could be used like visonic's, then the holder would press the colour button for the area they are in.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

thanks alan but scantronic dont do possition, they are for use in high security enviroment with violent individuals so the PA would have to send exact location of what room its in and when being attacked you wouldnt want to fiddle about trying to press the right button.

As Alan said, give Scope a go, look here, might be of use, give them a ring

http://www.scope-uk.com/products/impact.htm

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Try also looking at dect phone manufacturers... we used one years ago in a college - wired sensors above every door in the college, the phone, carried by the guard, registered as it passed the sensor - it had a man down and panic switch that if operated registered an alarm on the computer that controlled it all as being from the last sensor passed.

I think there is a cheaper option using infra red fobs.... have seen a system in a mental home that is an add on to the C-Tec addressable nurse call system.... again, addressable sensors wired all over the place and lots of programmable outputs to use as you wish....

Archived