Security Installer Community

British Standard 4737

sorry old chap - looked through three and a half thousand member profiles and can`t seem to find a member class " trade trained electrician "just the old " trade FULL member " like me and you and by agreeing with Andy you seem to be implying that rules and regs (and trading standards issues ) are optional and would condone someone missrepresenting his services

give you a day to think up a plausable denial!

(oh BTW this is the same member who was asking for a free " COPY " of the regs last autumn )

even though i served as a mod (for a very short while (yeh i know - thankfully :rolleyes: ), the boundary to allow someone to be registered 'trade' was not that clear to me.

imo 'trade' in here perhaps should be restricted to those proven as accredited in the security trade, after all it is a security oriented forum, but the o/p is an electrician who installs some security systems - so a grey are perhaps?

when have i ever encouraged anyone to blatantly flout the standards? we have had discussions in the past, basically the OFT will only intervene if what you place in print or state verbally is not then not enacted on. put in clearer terms you might ask me "can i install a simple alarm?" i reply with a big "yes" tie a bit of string to your front door the other to an old rusty tin of Ovaltine having a solidified lump of content in it and hey presto " that will be "

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
by the way that reminds me - what you doing this week end :P

regs

alan

er you asking me out ROFL - you really need to start looking at a posters history before you reply - so now your telling him NOT to just fit it and keep quite?

er you asking me out ROFL - you really need to start looking at a posters history before you reply - so now your telling him NOT to just fit it and keep quite?

if it will mean you will investigate those deep narrow pockets with those short fat arms of yours to get that meal or 2 you owe me - YES!

i really don't have time to investigate members histories, my public demands me full time in here ;)

but would imo be good to be able to easily see what trade a member is actually in, if only to couch the replies to them more informatively, take the IT expert who knows all about technology and computers so installing intruder alarms must be dead simple doddle :rolleyes:

regs

alan

if it will mean you will investigate those deep narrow pockets with those short fat arms of yours to get that meal or 2 you owe me - YES!

i really don't have time to investigate members histories, my public demands me full time in here ;)

but would imo be good to be able to easily see what trade a member is actually in, if only to couch the replies to them more informatively, take the IT expert who knows all about technology and computers so installing intruder alarms must be dead simple doddle :rolleyes:

regs

alan

Do you want your badge to say "Data and Telecoms" then, as you openly said you dont do much security? :rolleyes:

:lol:

Guest anguscanplay
My name is Paul and i work for Darlington Alarm Centre, in County Durham

strewth Arfur it aint that hard to see either he mislead us or he has ahem "aquired.." someone elses account details LOL

Right - who wants Angus for vetting MOD ?

Do you want your badge to say "Data and Telecoms" then, as you openly said you dont do much security? :rolleyes:

:lol:

really good idea, but also needs CCTv, Access Control, PCB Design, Electronic Design, computer Repairs, interference officer and - and - and i'd need a whole forum just for the badge :unsure: ,

by the time we move in the wobbly round table, the wobbly round table knights, Ovaltine Tin with designer rusty coat, mother-in-law in bespoke Nora Batty endorsed wrinkly fishnet tights and of course my antu-inspectorates soap box's - there might be no room left for my posts :slackjaw1:

so best we just leave it at wishing you have a happy new year Colin :)

regs

alan

Guest anguscanplay
really good idea, but also needs CCTv, Access Control, PCB Design, Electronic Design, computer Repairs, interference officer and - and - and i'd need a whole forum just for the badge :unsure: ,

by the time we move in the wobbly round table, the wobbly round table knights, Ovaltine Tin with designer rusty coat, mother-in-law in bespoke Nora Batty endorsed wrinkly fishnet tights and of course my antu-inspectorates soap box's - there might be no room left for my posts :slackjaw1:

so best we just leave it at wishing you have a happy new year Colin :)

regs

alan

if thats the case I vote for Arf to have the new badge LOL

to open a can of worms here...

Is there actually a LEGAL requirement to install to EN50131?

or is it a case that if you want police response or the system is (should be) specified by the insurance company or you are a member of the inspectorates then you must install to EN50131?

Surely the inference of professionalism comes from the certificate which proves that you have a functional quality assurance procedure, have the neccessary EN standards and have been assesed as being able to provide compliant systems?

I happen to know of a company that installs intruder alarms to a much higher standard than most (I'm talking extreme here!)

They do not see the need to certificate any systems (apart from the electrics which is legally required) as their standard of work speaks for them! I have been trying to convince them they should get accredited so need arguments

Just to point out that we install and certificate to EN50131 as a Nacoss Gold company - I'm just curious so please don't flame me...

thanks

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

angus,

if you really want to know, i left Darlington Alarm Centre Ltd on 4th August 2007, when i was made redundant.

so i decided to start my own business (as electrician/alarm engineer), what is interesting is how many of the people critisizing me, on this forum are self employed(and know how hard it is to run a business) and how many are hiding behind employers.

i am on this forum because i, for some unknown reason know thought i could get some valuable advice, but now realise that you only get the p**s taken out of you.

Also as with every job/business i need practise to be able to register with NSI or SSAIB, both of with i have registration packs for.

Thanks

Paul

P.s. i have advertised my business on here if anyone cares to check.

Guest anguscanplay
to open a can of worms here...

Is there actually a LEGAL requirement to install to EN50131?

would we flame you ? LOL

your right, theres no requirment to issue a NSI / SSAIB cert, but there is still a requirment to install to EN50131

Archived