Security Installer Community

British Standard 4737

Guest anguscanplay
and reqires only this system to comply.

regs

alan

you put that just to wind me up ? well it worked LOL. anyone installing as a trade is under obligation to do each and every install to current regs ( the fact he /she / they don`t know them or of the need for them is irrelevant)

stop me if I`ve said this before but any work carried out for a 3rd party ( whever for financial gain or not) comes under the supply of goods and services act (?) and the criteria for that (from a trading standards POV) is " as an average practitioner of that trade would do....."

using your logic I could be a plastic surgeon because I once cut Mrs A`s toe nails - no?

you put that just to wind me up ? well it worked LOL. anyone installing as a trade is under obligation to do each and every install to current regs ( the fact he /she / they don`t know them or of the need for them is irrelevant)

stop me if I`ve said this before but any work carried out for a 3rd party ( whever for financial gain or not) comes under the supply of goods and services act (?) and the criteria for that (from a trading standards POV) is " as an average practitioner of that trade would do....."

using your logic I could be a plastic surgeon because I once cut Mrs A`s toe nails - no?

QFA !

Be it free or chargeable you must do it to industry standards otherwise you tie your horse up at the door IMO!

C.

:angry:

you put that just to wind me up ?

Angus, to be fair (why should I?) to Arfur I think you misunderstood his point, though he could have been clearer. :rolleyes:

I THINK he was trying to say that, given the cost of documentation skills etc. to do just one job the O/P would be better NOT bothering (and let someone who did have the right skills accreditation etc. do it.) :P

But maybe he had been on the cask-strength Ovaltine so wasn't quite as lucid as normal. :lol:

Guest anguscanplay
But maybe he had been on the cask-strength Ovaltine so wasn't quite as lucid as normal. :lol:

yes he does still seem to think the O/P (despite his bright green trade full member status ) was a DIY`er doesnt he LOL

or if he doesnt then that makes his advice ten times worse but hey any chance to remind people reading they do have a friend in trading standards is too good a chance to miss

So? It's PUBLIC INFORMATION.

Look on their web site (and stop jumping to conclusions or making assumptions).

BSI pricing is absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with trade prices.

i was not knocking you andy, i was replying to another post.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

yes he does still seem to think the O/P (despite his bright green trade full member status ) was a DIY`er doesnt he LOL

i never called hima DIYer, i did not know his base gtrade until he told us. the guy is an ELECTRICIAN i.e. not a trained security engineer, his trade status is as a TRADE TRAINED ELECTRICIAN - SAVVY??

regs

alan

Angus, to be fair (why should I?) to Arfur I think you misunderstood his point, though he could have been clearer. :rolleyes:

I THINK he was trying to say that, given the cost of documentation skills etc. to do just one job the O/P would be better NOT bothering (and let someone who did have the right skills accreditation etc. do it.) :P

thankyou andy,

if everyone read the earlier posts as i'm sure the o/p did, you would see the full context the advice was given in, but then some like angus have the attention span of a goldfish - and thats on a good day :rolleyes:

regs

alan

Guest anguscanplay
i never called hima DIYer, i did not know his base gtrade until he told us. the guy is an ELECTRICIAN i.e. not a trained security engineer, his trade status is as a TRADE TRAINED ELECTRICIAN - SAVVY??

regs

alan

sorry old chap - looked through three and a half thousand member profiles and can`t seem to find a member class " trade trained electrician "just the old " trade FULL member " like me and you and by agreeing with Andy you seem to be implying that rules and regs (and trading standards issues ) are optional and would condone someone missrepresenting his services

give you a day to think up a plausable denial!

(oh BTW this is the same member who was asking for a free " COPY " of the regs last autumn )

Archived