Security Installer Community

Powermax Plus

markovitch

Why do you keep saying people think Argos and BT sell the Powermax+ ??

More interestingly, a panel that is complicated to programme does not by definition make it a good panel. Likewise, the ability to programme a panel does not make someone an engineer. In fact, if we are going to be pedantic, most people on the tools, are not engineers.

My point about the panel being complicated is that it is not aimed at the diyer.

You are right about the people on tools ,most are not engineers.

lol, thought you'd like that one, your the one who made it public info. and as for little boy like you said lol.

ps: i am fully c&g qualified, but it means nothing if yours isn't the EU version of the test, i sat it again when EU came out and there is far more to it then the first time round but still is piss easy and don't mean much IMO.

Havent you got NVQ's ,and what public info was that i made public,that ive been to prison because thats what you inferred was it not?Because i havent as you well know.

And my part 1 and 2 in security and emergency systems was a 3 year course and was far more indepth than a NVQ that no employer takes serious surely.

Ignoring your ridiculous implied threat to a fellow member, i'm sure the public don't want to see that.

For the benefit of the public, can you explain exactly what a qualified alarm engineer is exactly,. What the qualifications are, consist of and what equipment it suggests you can work on as opposed to someone with other relevant qualifications.

You mean the one where alterego implied i had been in prison.

A qualified alarm engineer has a SPECIFIC SPECIFIC SPECIFIC qualification in alarm systems.Relevant qualifications you mean a sparky ..no there not qualified to work on alarms sytems just the same as im not allowed to work on electrics.

We all talk about rules and regulations on here ,what about rules and regs that only allow proper alarm engineers to work on alarms .

Just like corgi gas fitters,it would reduce the false alarm rates overnight.

And even electronics engineers should not be qualified to work on alarms either.

You wouldnt want a painter and decorator to install your alarm would you?

You mean the one where alterego implied i had been in prison.

A qualified alarm engineer has a SPECIFIC SPECIFIC SPECIFIC qualification in alarm systems.Relevant qualifications you mean a sparky ..no there not qualified to work on alarms sytems just the same as im not allowed to work on electrics.

We all talk about rules and regulations on here ,what about rules and regs that only allow proper alarm engineers to work on alarms .

Just like corgi gas fitters,it would reduce the false alarm rates overnight.

And even electronics engineers should not be qualified to work on alarms either.

You wouldnt want a painter and decorator to install your alarm would you?

What complete tosh!!

A proper answer would have sufficed.

Regarding electronic engineers - just who the hell do you think designs the stuff? It certainly isn't someone with a tupenny bit piece of paper stating he's qualified in 'alarms'.

And could you please explain the difference between an alarm engineer and electronics engineer?

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

What complete tosh!!

A proper answer would have sufficed.

Regarding electronic engineers - just who the hell do you think designs the stuff? It certainly isn't someone with a tupenny bit piece of paper stating he's qualified in 'alarms'.

And could you please explain the difference between an alarm engineer and electronics engineer?

An alarm engineer runs cables ,programmes the system ,finds faults in cable runs ,goes out at 3 in the morning to repair the system,lifts floor boards and carpets up.

And by the way barooga im also a qualified electronics engineer with advanced diplomas so i think im more than qualified to answer what the difference is,i used to make multiplexers for cctv systems,and also work on audio circuits.

And the tuppence bit of paper you are reffering to ,isnt that what electronic engineers who design systems have to have before they are given the job in the first place.

An alarm engineer runs cables ,programmes the system ,finds faults in cable runs ,goes out at 3 in the morning to repair the system,lifts floor boards and carpets up.

Based on your earlier answer, that doesn't really involve you then.

Either way, it shows - not a lot.

And by the way barooga im also a qualified electronics engineer with advanced diplomas so i think im more than qualified to answer what the difference is,i used to make multiplexers for cctv systems,and also work on audio circuits.

So you keep saying. Doesn't make you anything special. There is a difference though between making and designing

And the tuppence bit of paper you are reffering to ,isnt that what electronic engineers who design systems have to have before they are given the job in the first place.

Actually, no. Being as educated as you are, you would know the difference. However, it is the documentation needed to be called an Engineer. Something you cannot call yourself.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Topic closed

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived