Security Installer Community

Powermax Plus

markovitch

I have noticed that a few people on the forum dont like this panel ,what is it specifically they dont like about it .

Its got a shed load of applications and i cant see what the problem is with it .We fit this panel and have very few problems with it.

I have noticed that a few people on the forum dont like this panel ,what is it specifically they dont like about it .

Its got a shed load of applications and i cant see what the problem is with it .We fit this panel and have very few problems with it.

tat sold in argos ect......

As with most of their products, usually flatters to deceive.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

My main issues.

- its UGLY as hell [main panel]

- its aimed at DIY market [ask BT]

- i also am not a fan of totally wireless products inc Rokonet wisdom ect and think the hybrid set up is much better, also better value.

I would be surprised tbh that any engineer would choose a totally wireless panel over a hybrid set up.

First off it allows you to keep your standard control equipment for each job, secondly it is a much more professional set up with alot more scope for further add-ons.

My main issues.

- its UGLY as hell [main panel]

- its aimed at DIY market [ask BT]

- i also am not a fan of totally wireless products inc Rokonet wisdom ect and think the hybrid set up is much better, also better value.

I would be surprised tbh that any engineer would choose a totally wireless panel over a hybrid set up.

First off it allows you to keep your standard control equipment for each job, secondly it is a much more professional set up with alot more scope for further add-ons.

You can get remote keypads .

The one we fit is not the same one BT fit nor is aimed at the diy market.

A lot more scope for further add ons is a silly statement imo,you have 30 zones ,you can add smoke alarms ,flood detectors ,cordless PA,s and it will text you when your kids come in from school and it will inform you of a power failure.

Its got an autodialler built in and you can listen into your property remotely ,so your statement that its not got any scope for further add ons doesnt hold true.

I think a some of you think the powermax plus has some resemblance of the nasty BT response alarm ,it doesnt.

You can get remote keypads .

The one we fit is not the same one BT fit nor is aimed at the diy market.

A lot more scope for further add ons is a silly statement imo,you have 30 zones ,you can add smoke alarms ,flood detectors ,cordless PA,s and it will text you when your kids come in from school and it will inform you of a power failure.

Its got an autodialler built in and you can listen into your property remotely ,so your statement that its not got any scope for further add ons doesnt hold true.

I think a some of you think the powermax plus has some resemblance of the nasty BT response alarm ,it doesnt.

it is just like the BT on, i have had 25 BT kits in stock at one point. i would never fit power max absolute ****.

i never said their was no scope for add-ons, i said there was more scope with a hybrid set up.

I can tell you have never used i Hybrid set up, if you had we wouldn't be having the topic.

i am well aware you can get rkps for them, and nor do i like the look of them either.

Rather then going on a mission to dis-prove others [who have tried many more set-ups then you] try and take something from their posts.

now i can tell you i have used both the rokonet wisdom and the powermax, both aimed at the same area. Both horrible IMO.

A also prefer to hard wire my bell and rkp, so IMO if i'm going to do that then there is no use for the powermax type systems, as hybrid is far better.

it is just like the BT on, i have had 25 BT kits in stock at one point. i would never fit power max absolute ****.

i never said their was no scope for add-ons, i said there was more scope with a hybrid set up.

I can tell you have never used i Hybrid set up, if you had we wouldn't be having the topic.

i am well aware you can get rkps for them, and nor do i like the look of them either.

Rather then going on a mission to dis-prove others [who have tried many more set-ups then you] try and take something from their posts.

now i can tell you i have used both the rokonet wisdom and the powermax, both aimed at the same area. Both horrible IMO.

A also prefer to hard wire my bell and rkp, so IMO if i'm going to do that then there is no use for the powermax type systems, as hybrid is far better.

There is a wired zone on this system and you can wire a bellbox directly to this system,so i can tell you have only fitted the old nasty bt panels.

How can you tell by my back ground that others have tried many more set-ups than me (remarkable that).

I should have mentioned i have worked for 2 other nsi firms before my current job ,so i have got much more experience than you give me credit.

And how am i trying to disprove others by asking what they dislike about this panel.

I think people on the forum think im talking about the bt response one, because i know alterego thinks i am.

I have installed the powermax in my own house and i love it. wireless is the future. as verything is wireless these days mobile phones, wi-fi, wireless telephones, wireless door entering system wireless gate opening, wireless cctv.

I have just been on a intro/training on 21/11/07 at DAITEM, which do the wireless espace system. Communication between different system units is ensured by two entirely different radio frequency bands (a 433 Mhz band and a 868 Mz band) providing simultaneous transmission. If one of the frequency bands is temporarily unavailable, the other radio frequency band takes over transmission.

This system is slightly better. the PIRs have builtin fire detection. Also the Main control panel runs on batteries they claim it lastS upto five years. theres alot more cool stuff on this panel.

I think the powermax and espace system are the best wireless systems.[/size]

Archived