Security Installer Community

Veritas R8 Plus "part Set"

Andy9164

Hope someone can help me please,

Its a long story but I have just had a Texecom Veritas R8 Plus installed. I'm a total novice which is why I had someone install my alarm.

We use "Full Set" when we all leave the house and "Part Set" when we leave the dog behind so he doesnt trigger the PIR in the hallway.

When we use "full set" and enter the house we get the low volume "entry" tone and then enter our code which unsets the alarm.

When we use the "part set" and enter the house we get an alarm activation, enter our code to stop the activation and then have to press reset to unset the alarm.

We dont think this is right, our installer says it is (as I said, its a long story). Surely even on a part set when you come into the house on a normal entry route it shouldnt activate the alarm (our old system never did)

I have read the User Guide which talks about setting up different Part set configurations but none refer to entry routes. Obviously we dont want to omit our front door which is our normal entry / exit route on a part set as this sort of defeats the object.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

questions

is the hallway, also the entry route?

how many zones do you need to come throught on psrt set in order to reach the keypad?

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Hope someone can help me please,

Its a long story but I have just had a Texecom Veritas R8 Plus installed. I'm a total novice which is why I had someone install my alarm.

We use "Full Set" when we all leave the house and "Part Set" when we leave the dog behind so he doesnt trigger the PIR in the hallway.

When we use "full set" and enter the house we get the low volume "entry" tone and then enter our code which unsets the alarm.

When we use the "part set" and enter the house we get an alarm activation, enter our code to stop the activation and then have to press reset to unset the alarm.

We dont think this is right, our installer says it is (as I said, its a long story). Surely even on a part set when you come into the house on a normal entry route it shouldnt activate the alarm (our old system never did)

I have read the User Guide which talks about setting up different Part set configurations but none refer to entry routes. Obviously we dont want to omit our front door which is our normal entry / exit route on a part set as this sort of defeats the object.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

Many control panels when using the 'Part Set' facility, the Final Exit door will have been programmed as an instant circuit.

By the nature of 'Part Set', in a house, you are already in and gone to bed, downstairs 'ON' upstairs 'OFF'.

Are you Part setting when you go out to save the problem of going upstairs to close the necessary, if you are, there is your problem, you should be Full setting the system when the premises are left unattended.

Hope this helps.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Many thanks for the quick responses. Here is some more info following the posts.

The front door is our main exit / entry which is zone 1 (magnetic door sensor)

On opening the front door, this leads straight into the hallway which has a PIR sensor (Zone 6)

If we go out, we lock the dog in the hallway (Zone 6) and therefore we omit Zone 6 on a part set so that the dog doesnt trigger the PIR. (If we take the dog with us we do a full set).

When we enter on a part set the only zone that we should trigger is Zone 1 Exit / Entry (the alarm keypad is in the hallway - Zone 6, which is omitted). When looking at which Zone triggered the alarm on entry it shows Zone 1, so it does seem to indicate that this is no longer the entry / exit when part set, as suggested.

I have just tried to omit Zone 1 but it wont let me as this is obiously the entry exit route.

Its very annoying.

Thanks again and any further help is welcome.

Andy

As a temporary fix can you just omit the PIR (zone 6) and then use the normal set?

Omitting a single zone should be in the user manual.

The Part Set is probably designed as a night-time setting, but any reasonable installer should be able to change it (or add a third one if allowed) to do what you want. :whistle:

Guest anguscanplay
As a temporary fix can you just omit the PIR (zone 6) and then use the normal set?

Omitting a single zone should be in the user manual.

The Part Set is probably designed as a night-time setting, but any reasonable installer should be able to change it (or add a third one if allowed) to do what you want. :whistle:

excellent advice ( assuming zone omit is allowed)

Hi ,

Your installer has just left the default setting for zone 1 on Part Set. Tell him to look at "Changing Zone types when Part Setting"

Regards.

QFA, zone 1 is an instant guard zone in part set by default, your installer has not programmed it correctly.

Tell him he needs to turn zone 1 off in option 23.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived