Security Installer Community

Veritas R8 Plus "part Set"

Andy9164

sorry just done a r8 and had to set zone 1 (front door e/e) to 'on' in option 21(zone switched to entry exit suite) to allow the client to enter the premises at 5 am after his night shift.

do not know if this is the same panel as the r8 plus.....

but the information above is correct, this alarm has being programmwd incorrectly, and i thiink it is the responsibility of the guy who did it, to fix it, but it may well depend whats in your contract :whistle:

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Will only spill the beans if I cannot get this guy to fix it.

I have the installation manual now and also I am a "techy" (computers and datacommunications) so having read the manual I know it can be done quite easily.

Its also been pointed out that in part set the bell doesnt sound by default and needs to be configured, guess what, mine is still at default.

Will keep you updated.

Thanks to all you guys for your help and suggestions.

Know, just have to either get the guy back or get him to reveal the engineers code which allows me to do it myself.

Andy

reset the panel, and start again.... :whistle:

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

reset the panel, and start again.... :whistle:

Tell me if I'm wrong but if I reset the panel and the engineers code is locked, I am no better. Am I correct. I still wont know the engineer code to go make the changes. I cant do them, even with a master user code, it has to be an engineer code and its obviously changed because the deafault does not work.

Thanks

Andy

sorry m8, cannot tell you how to reset this panel without engineers code :banned: . it against the rules of this forum..and you are correct. if the code is locked in (and not just changed) then it cannot be done this way either. the panel will need to be sent back to the manufacturer.

my solution. and relatively cheap. would be to buy a new panel and swap it over.....you then have control over the codes :whistle:

• 3 months later...
Guest IPalarms2
Hope someone can help me please,

Its a long story but I have just had a Texecom Veritas R8 Plus installed. I'm a total novice which is why I had someone install my alarm.

We use "Full Set" when we all leave the house and "Part Set" when we leave the dog behind so he doesnt trigger the PIR in the hallway.

When we use "full set" and enter the house we get the low volume "entry" tone and then enter our code which unsets the alarm.

When we use the "part set" and enter the house we get an alarm activation, enter our code to stop the activation and then have to press reset to unset the alarm.

We dont think this is right, our installer says it is (as I said, its a long story). Surely even on a part set when you come into the house on a normal entry route it shouldnt activate the alarm (our old system never did)

I have read the User Guide which talks about setting up different Part set configurations but none refer to entry routes. Obviously we dont want to omit our front door which is our normal entry / exit route on a part set as this sort of defeats the object.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

Guest IPalarms2

I have exactly the same problem (swap hall for kitchen), and on Part 1 the door triggers the alarm when we re-enter. Explained to the engineer it was for a dog, so he knew we would be re-entering!

Did you ever manage to discover how to set a zone (front door) to exit/entry zone? Appreciate many "Part" zones are for when you are inside at night, but there's got to be a way to set the front door not to trigger until you key in the code.

I have Issue 5 of the user guide, but it makes no mention.

Guest anguscanplay
I have exactly the same problem (swap hall for kitchen), and on Part 1 the door triggers the alarm when we re-enter. Explained to the engineer it was for a dog, so he knew we would be re-entering!

Did you ever manage to discover how to set a zone (front door) to exit/entry zone? Appreciate many "Part" zones are for when you are inside at night, but there's got to be a way to set the front door not to trigger until you key in the code.

I have Issue 5 of the user guide, but it makes no mention.

yes -its in an engineer function as said above, you`ll need to get them back

Archived