Security Installer Community

Looks Like I Need A Bit Of Work Done

bub

I inherited a TS700 alarm system in my new house. It needs a bit of work doing to it so I was hoping to find a reasonably priced installer. I need a new outside siren as the old one is dead. I would also like to arm my alarm downstairs (which I do at the moment) but if I forget the alarm triggers immediately. I was wondering if there was an option on my system to beep a few times before the alarm triggers. I only want this feature on the one PIR that catches me out.

Also I would like a dialler that will call me on my mobile if the alarm triggers. I dont want one of the text type callers.

Could these features be incorporated into my existing system?

Thanks

bub

Simple answer is Yes. All that you request can be done by any decent engineer.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Well I had one company round who might be a member on these forums and was told my system was a mess and he wouldnt offer me a contract. He did get my batteries changed though as the alarm wasnt working, Works fine now. He has quoted me a lot of money to do the work that I have mentioned.. I just want to be sure about the abilty of being able to have a pre-warning incase I trigger downstairs. I cant find this option in my manual, I have a funny feeling my alarm system cannot do this

Can an engineer give me an idea how much to do the work (supply and fitted)

Guest anguscanplay

can the eng. code be locked on this panel? if not then theres plenty of good firms out there who will be happy to have a look at your system for you - but if 3 of em say it`s shot then .....................?

Well I had one company round who might be a member on these forums and was told my system was a mess and he wouldnt offer me a contract. He did get my batteries changed though as the alarm wasnt working, Works fine now. He has quoted me a lot of money to do the work that I have mentioned.. I just want to be sure about the abilty of being able to have a pre-warning incase I trigger downstairs. I cant find this option in my manual, I have a funny feeling my alarm system cannot do this

Can an engineer give me an idea how much to do the work (supply and fitted)

Hi bub

No one in their right mind would commit to a price without seeing what they would be working on, the quality of installation ,wiring or even the suitability of the system for your needs in your home, etc etc.

I'm sure you appreciate that it's like ringing round garages and asking the cost of a service without letting them know the age, mileage or condition of your car.

Getting site surveys and quotes is FREE so ring round the yellow pages (or ask friends, relatives or neighbours who they use) and ask them what you have posted here and get a written quote before making your selection.

Once you have quotes feel free to ask here for advice on the details and prices you have been given.

Hope that helps.

C.

:)

I just want to be sure about the abilty of being able to have a pre-warning incase I trigger downstairs. I cant find this option in my manual, I have a funny feeling my alarm system cannot do this

Hi Bub. A quick Google rummage threw up what appears to be a USER MANUAL for your system at https://www.chrislewissecurity.co.uk/downlo...ED_user_116.pdf

Interestingly this allows the USER to define part-set programs, but there is no option to vary the Entry/Exit route, which you would possibly need have a night-time set.

It MAY be that this option is available to an engineer, but if not they could well suggest putting in a new panel more suitable to your needs.

(EDIT - Reading Alterego's subsequent post it sounds like it can be done easily, just not available to you as a user to configure, which is not really surprising.)

To be honest, the additional cost of a new panel is not going to be that great compared to the cost of sorting out an older/unknown panel with possible problems.

can the eng. code be locked on this panel? if not then theres plenty of good firms out there who will be happy to have a look at your system for you - but if 3 of em say it`s shot then .....................?

All the things you ased can be done, but this does not mean your install is in a good state.

by chance i am taking one of these[ts700] over tomorrow, its a big domestic system.

it has been serviced by another firm for the last few yrs, they have had zones omited they didn't know about and thought were working ect.

so i will be fully crashing the system, i have worked on a few menviers and like them tbh, it can be set up with part e/e so that the pir that sees you goes into timer when it sees you in the morning ect.

i will be setting this system up to do all that so it can be done.

Thanks for replies, I would like to use someone from this forum if anyone is interested. Thanks for the manual but if my alarm is capable of delay for night time trigger its something only for the engineer as the User cannot, read manual a hundred times now.

Angus you mention the engineers code locked to the panel, how can I tell?

Guest anguscanplay
Thanks for replies, I would like to use someone from this forum if anyone is interested. Thanks for the manual but if my alarm is capable of delay for night time trigger its something only for the engineer as the User cannot, read manual a hundred times now.

Angus you mention the engineers code locked to the panel, how can I tell?

someone trade on here will know - it`s not a panel I have really used.

Archived