Security Installer Community

Inergen

We did a CCTV job just up the road your from Tyco unit in the IOM in August.

We where ther a few days and had some good nights out in Douglas.

We stayed in a dump of a hotel called the Sugar lounge or somthing.

We have since quoted another CCTV job on that Ind Estate just up the road from B & Q

We have since quoted another CCTV job on that Ind Estate just up the road from B & Q

you must have put some nice quotes in for that to be worth it mate.

fortunately never tripped a fire system, but did manage to drop about 1500 employees wage packets into a security 'tank' on a pay day.

it was an anti bandit home brew designed by the sites own engineers, if a panic button was pushed it dropped the shelf containing the wage packets into this big reinforced metal tank, then about 25cwt of lead lumps fell on top of it. the whole thing was designed to take about 4 hours before you could remove a single wage packet and in the days of cash was king.

i had turned up for what was a simple fault which i fixed, so i decided to do an pm as it was such a hassle to get into the alarmed area due to all the security needed, so being very thorough and i was already 'on test' with the local Police) i pressed one of the panic buttons resulting in a thunderous crash - woooops!

i don't know quit why, but suddenly i detected i was not very popular with the wages officers anymore, but at least i could test all the remaining buttons :) .

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Not quite as costly as Inergen, but just as embarrassing when it happens:

Not sure which manufacturers system this is, could be one of our (a little one), could be a Smoke Cloak. Deffo not a Bandit (firing down).

For everything else there's a large brand of Credit Card :)

Matt Gilmartin, Sales Director

T: +44(01205) 821111 | F: +44(01205) 820316

info@smoke-screen.co.uk | www.smoke-screen.co.uk

Head office:

1-2 North End, Swineshead, Boston, Lincs PE20 3LR

Registered in the UK no. 2728491

Guest Cerberus NI
man, sounds like im in for a treat when i forget the solenoid fuses then (or forget to take out the actuator!!!!

Golden rule - ALWAYS TAKE OFF THE ACTUATOR!!!!

However,CO2 discharges are impressive though.I was working on a pneumatic/mechanical system and had the trip locked off when testing the pneumatic heat detectors (should've stripped the weights of the bottles but was lazy that day!).Decided to check the manual pull handle which,of course,was NOT locked off - 80 45KG CO2 bottles is a well impressive discharge I can tell you!!!!

Golden rule - ALWAYS TAKE OFF THE ACTUATOR!!!!

However,CO2 discharges are impressive though.I was working on a pneumatic/mechanical system and had the trip locked off when testing the pneumatic heat detectors (should've stripped the weights of the bottles but was lazy that day!).Decided to check the manual pull handle which,of course,was NOT locked off - 80 45KG CO2 bottles is a well impressive discharge I can tell you!!!!

Top Man !!!!

That deserves a picture in the hall of fame....!! :punk::groupwave:

When i did it I simply disconnected the wrong pilot cylinder from the wrong system....... :oops:

Have learnt since then to check, double check and then cross all fingers and put in the ear plugs......

SugerLand..... green and white on loch promenade...

We're based on spring valley - just behind B+Q

Fire and Security Service Engineer

***Any views or statements above are not the views of my Employer***

Indeed

Plus we have already done there place over here big CCTV install.

post-1613-1194388376_thumb.jpg

This is the site.

thats greylaw freight but dont recognise it over here.....

Fire and Security Service Engineer

***Any views or statements above are not the views of my Employer***

Cant say ive done anything quite as bad, was servicing a gas system in a cabin trackside for a national once had a new apprentice with me, i disconnected the main cylinder and noticed a pipe coming off going under floor, lifted tiles couldnt see cylinder so thought redundant.

Apprentice manual released fm200 system after 30 seconds nice big bang, ive run outside and closed door forgot the guy was in there!

opened the door to find him shaking :roflmao:

after it had dumped i looked under floor again and found bottle hidden under shed loads of telecoms cables quite fun to explain to the office lol

All comments in this post are my own views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer

Archived