Security Installer Community

Aritech Bellbox - Initial Branded

rosco

Hi All,

I attended a site yesterday that had an alarm installed by Initial. They have no maintenance contract in place (they do now though). They originally chose not to have an external sounder however Initial left one behind should they ever change their minds. I have advised them they should have at least 1 external sounder so came to fit this Aritech AS293 Initial branded bell box. Does anyone have any experience of working with these? The terminals in the bell are as follows...

(1) Speaker (from the bell speaker)

(2) Speaker (from the bell speaker)

(3) Strobe - (from the bell strobe)

(4) Strobe + (from the bell strobe)

(5) Tamper (from Panel)

(6) Tamper (from Panel)

(7) 12V - (from Panel)

(8) 12V+ (from Panel)

(9) I think this is the hold off terminal for the Speaker??

(10) I think this is the hold off terminal for the Strobe??

They have a Scantronic 9800+ (Non monitored) panel and i'm ok with the connections from terminal 5 through to 8 but i'm struggling with the last two terminals and actually getting the damn thing to work. They do not want to spend a few poxy

Hi All,

I attended a site yesterday that had an alarm installed by Initial. They have no maintenance contract in place (they do now though). They originally chose not to have an external sounder however Initial left one behind should they ever change their minds. I have advised them they should have at least 1 external sounder so came to fit this Aritech AS293 Initial branded bell box. Does anyone have any experience of working with these? The terminals in the bell are as follows...

(1) Speaker (from the bell speaker)

(2) Speaker (from the bell speaker)

(3) Strobe - (from the bell strobe)

(4) Strobe + (from the bell strobe)

(5) Tamper (from Panel)

(6) Tamper (from Panel)

(7) 12V - (from Panel)

(8) 12V+ (from Panel)

(9) I think this is the hold off terminal for the Speaker??

(10) I think this is the hold off terminal for the Strobe??

They have a Scantronic 9800+ (Non monitored) panel and i'm ok with the connections from terminal 5 through to 8 but i'm struggling with the last two terminals and actually getting the damn thing to work. They do not want to spend a few poxy

Hi, Thanks for the info. I've never worked with a system by Initial so don't know what they install. The owner just handed me the box so I guess they may have left it behind by mistake???

Can you run through the connections with me please? Where the resistors/wires go etc and what links i need to cut - Would be grateful. Does it make what type of w is used is 0.25w resistors?

Thanks

Hi, Thanks for the info. I've never worked with a system by Initial so don't know what they install. The owner just handed me the box so I guess they may have left it behind by mistake???

Can you run through the connections with me please? Where the resistors/wires go etc and what links i need to cut - Would be grateful. Does it make what type of w is used is 0.25w resistors?

Thanks

are you DIY or what is it you do as your main job? no offence just wondering.

I'm a qualified electrician and over the past few years moved more into alarms. Alarms is now 95% of my business. I happened to stumble across this one with the Initial bell and as I have not worked with them before (guessing they are exclusive to Initial) I'm not sure of the wiring. Someone advised I need x 2 1K resistors. Do you know how to wire this bell or can you provide any advice. The instructions that came with it are **** :o)

I'm a qualified electrician and over the past few years moved more into alarms. Alarms is now 95% of my business. I happened to stumble across this one with the Initial bell and as I have not worked with them before (guessing they are exclusive to Initial) I'm not sure of the wiring. Someone advised I need x 2 1K resistors. Do you know how to wire this bell or can you provide any advice. The instructions that came with it are **** :o)

i could help but something seems a little odd about what you say, and wouldn't like to have someone messing with my system in this manner. again no offence but just seem a bit odd.

as it was only a month ago you said this.

Hi,

I'm a spark by trade and don't often fit alarm systems however i'm in the process of upgrading the one in my house. I wouldn't say it was very old but I want something more up to date! I'm got control panel, PIR's etc and now deciding which bellbox to get. I want to get an all singing all dancing bell box, not bothered about twin piezo, single will be fine. Any suggestions? Thx

Ooops that'll be my kid who's helping me out. He's left college last year and worked for a company for about 12 months. He's now working with me and yes i did let him him a look on this site just to see what the forum was about. I should have really got him his own login... sorry if this is confusing... :o)

i could help but something seems a little odd about what you say

I find it very odd aswell that a National Company should leave an electronic sounder on site so the customer may have it fitted in the future. Surely if the customer if is a 'penny pincher' as you say they would have had Intial knock the price of the electronic sounder off the original price, rather than have it sat in a cupboard for years?

My brother works for Intial and says this just would not happen.

Technical Manager

NSI/LPC Approved Alarm Receiving Centre

South Manchester

I thought this was a forum where we can get help and advice etc on alarm equipment. Who cares where the box came from?? I don't know I was just asked by the client like i said the bell could have been left behind in error??? Does it directly effect you in anyway? No I didn't think so and so what if you're bother works for Initial. Did he do the install?? I've simply come to this site looking for some help to install a poxy sounder for a customer. If it's too much of a problem then don't bother sending anything at all.

If there is anyone reading this who knows these bells and is happy to help me with the wiring then I would appreciated you're help.

Thanks

Archived