Security Installer Community

Aritech Bellbox - Initial Branded

rosco

Guest anguscanplay
cheers Supersubby. I agree. There are some top people on here but also some xxxxxx too. People come for help not a debate. There seems to be a lack of trust on here too between some peeps. I've tried to register for trade membership as apparently that will help but as yes i've had nothing back.

wrong, most if not all trade come on here to help public and for the debate, I don`t need help, and neither do most of my friend list but if "peeps" want to ignore the advice given by their peers thats their perogative.

btw supersubby said your a cowboy - me? I think your trying to improve

I'm a qualified electrician and over the past few years moved more into alarms. Alarms is now 95% of my business. I happened to stumble across this one with the Initial bell and as I have not worked with them before (guessing they are exclusive to Initial) I'm not sure of the wiring. Someone advised I need x 2 1K resistors. Do you know how to wire this bell or can you provide any advice. The instructions that came with it are **** :o)

thats is possibly your problem the links have to be cut on the bell to either select s.c.b or s.a.b and i think??.. you also cut them for bell cut off as well,wiring diagram should be on the lid

Hi MJW,

Thanks for this. Yes they are on the inside of the lid. Some links are for the timer and some are for either - or + hold off for the panel. The bellbox it's self has 2 terminals marked Beacon Hold Off & Strobe Hold Off. It's where I put these wires that I am lost.

Can you help?

Thanks

Unfortunley There Not they need 2 x 1k Resistors Which one resistor goes into the the + power and the other end goes into beacon then the other Resistor goes into + power again then the other end goes into Siren then you would wire in the triggers which must be a negative (unless you have cut the link choosing the + Trigger otherwise you will have to do the reverse) so one trigger wire goes in with the resistor into beacon then the other into siren with that resistor thats it done

cheers for that Bass. I kind of worked that out...eventually. I have some 1K Carbon 0.25W resistors. There are 10 terminals in this bell, 4 of which are already occupied for the Speaker & Beacon. There are 5 terminals in my scantronic 9800+ panel... 12V+, 0V, Bell, TR & STR. I'm connecting the ends of 2 x 1K resistors as you have described to terminal 8 in the bell, which is the 12V+ supply. I'm then connecting the other ends, 1 in the Siren & 1 in the Beacon Hold off terminals which are 9&10. Is this correct? If So I'm them wiring the sounder back to the panel. The tamper connection from the bell (5&6) i'm connecting to 0V & TR. I'm connecting the 12V- & 12V+ in the bell to 12V+ and 0V in the panel. Where do they wires from the last 2 terminals in the bell (Siren hold off & Beacon hold off, 9&10) go to? Do they connect to STR or 0V and the Siren to 0V?

Any help would be appreciated. Just to confirm...

Bell Housing

1 - Speaker in Bell

2 - Speaker in Bell

3 - Beacon in Bell

4 - Beacon in Bell

5 - Tamper

6 - Tamper

7 - 12V-

8 - 12V+

9 - Siren Hold Off

10 - Beacon Hold Off

Scantronic 9800+

1 - 12V+

2 - 0V

3 - Bell

4 - TR

5 - STR

• 4 months later...

- FROM THE TOP TERMINAL, THIS IS URE STROBE AND SHUD B CON 2 A STROBE NEG.

-THE NEXT IS BELL NEG + SHUD PROVIDE A NEG TRIGGER FOR URE BELL

-NEXT IS 12V+ THIS SHUD PROVIDE 12+ DC TO THE BELL

- NEXT IS 0V WHICH SHUD B CONN 2 A PERMANENT 12V

-NEXT IS A TAMPER FOR THE BELL NORMAL CLOSED CONTACT

- FROM THE TOP TERMINAL, THIS IS URE STROBE AND SHUD B CON 2 A STROBE NEG.

-THE NEXT IS BELL NEG + SHUD PROVIDE A NEG TRIGGER FOR URE BELL

-NEXT IS 12V+ THIS SHUD PROVIDE 12+ DC TO THE BELL

- NEXT IS 0V WHICH SHUD B CONN 2 A PERMANENT 12V

-NEXT IS A TAMPER FOR THE BELL NORMAL CLOSED CONTACT

- NEXT IS THE OTHER SIDE OF THAT TAMP CIRCUIT

NOTE IF U CONN THE TAMP 2 A ZONE U WILL HAVE TO MAKE IT 4K ohms NORMAL + 9K ohms IN ALARM

HOPE THIS HELPS

SORRY ABOUT THEM IDIOTS THAT DIDNT NO WOT TO SAY

Ragards Justin

Archived