Security Installer Community

Running Alarm Cables

ricool

While were being picky ,for all those who did not pick up on it 15 cm is not 1500 mm ,its 6 inches.I knew being a joiner would come in handy lol.

Anyway i cant understand why this thread is going on so long when i answered the o/p question correctly,its just serving to confuse him.

He said that the light switch cable was 6 inches away from his alarm cables,end of.

well spotted young man, it was a typo and so as you know i have a special dispensation to use them in here - being a daft old codger it's my job to make everyone else look good, so i failed again then :whistle:

:)

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

well spotted young man, it was a typo and so as you know i have a special dispensation to use them in here - being a daft old codger it's my job to make everyone else look good, so i failed again then :whistle:

:)

regs

alan

I'll let you off Arfur,i'm to busy trying to correct my grammar to worry about that lol.

I`m still struggling to understand the significance of less than one metre

Me too. More significant points are:

1. The OP appears to have gone; probably scared off by the meandering and complexity!

2. Induction is much more affected by separation - inverse square law.

3. Referring back it was a light switch cable he was worried about. Now if the light is off there's probably no current so no induction effect.

4. You can always fit a suppressor of some sort anyway.

Guest anguscanplay
Induction is less likely to occur (of any significance)over a distance of under one metre i assume,i dont make the regs sorry...

i meant to do with the need for mechanical separation - don`t worry about it

Me too. More significant points are:

3. Referring back it was a light switch cable he was worried about. Now if the light is off there's probably no current so no induction effect. common/permanent live

4. You can always fit a suppressor of some sort anyway.never design a system to need suppressors or joints ect.

We've had this discussion on here before, how a piece of 3mm plastic is supposed to stop inducement I'll never know, but rules are rules. Ideally best off staying well away from mains but I don't think most customers would like two pieces of trunking 100mm apart like a pair of train tracks.

You are right how is a lump of plastic going to stop inducement??and yep ideally you run l.v cables as far away from mains as possible

while some have been having fun it is getting terribly piccy,

in real life that switch cable is not ever going to be a problem, unless it feeds a fridge, washing machine on the way or he gets in a direct contact with, it so time to call it a day me thinks.

:sucks:

so over to you Colin - practice your dark art and put this thread out of it's misery :yes:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived