Security Installer Community

Going It On My Own

adpteddy

Guest anguscanplay
IT is the future, the market for tradional type alarm co. seems to be in decline

market for one man and a van subbing is way way big - get the right reputation and you`ll be booking work for 3 or 4 weeks time, but I would agree with Dave that the days of starting new and building up a reliable customer base are over.

Don`t let the ones who say you need XYZ in place first put you off, it`s nice to feel the hunger from the off LOL

Good luck

Guest Dave the alarm man
market for one man and a van subbing is way way big

you've got to have spent sometime at a proper firm doing proper jobs mind

Guest anguscanplay

disagree - the chap I`m using is one of the best installers ( doesnt matter about the programming ) I have seen for a long time and his trade from school was nothing like alarms

disagree - the chap I`m using is one of the best installers ( doesnt matter about the programming ) I have seen for a long time and his trade from school was nothing like alarms

I AGREE ANGUS BUT AS YOU KNOW, FAULT CALLS ARE THE BIG THING. A GOOD ENG..... SORRY....a good engineer with bags of experience in fault finding is worth his weight in gold.

Guest anguscanplay
I AGREE ANGUS BUT AS YOU KNOW, FAULT CALLS ARE THE BIG THING. A GOOD ENG..... SORRY....a good engineer with bags of experience in fault finding is worth his weight in gold.

and whats the only way to learn to fault find - FIT THE BLOODY THINGS TO START WITH ( hey I quite like this shouting malarky) thats the path I was meaning, get out there with your van and tools and work your bits off till you`ve made your name

agreed, you also make your name if your anygood working for a firm.

we have had these 'i'll give it ago engineers' that havn't worked for anyone worth saying and they were both ****.

The best advice I can give you is don't go alone unless you have a few grand spare, expect the worse, expect to get ripped off by people, when it comes to giving credit trust nobody because it will happen to you, people are not as good as they may seems, it's not as easy as go to work 5 days a week and take a wage, you have to be good at what you do, you have to find work and it's not always that easy, there is paperwork to keep on top of, tax to sort, accounts to pay etc. Have a real good think it's not as easy as it sounds, I've been on my own for 4 years now had 4 people work with me and go, 3 vans now down to 1 and the industry in cctv is getting harder and budgets getting tighter and tighter, expect the worse and it can only get better, this is the other side of the shiny coin..... good luck

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

Guest anguscanplay
The best advice I can give you is don't go alone unless you have a few grand spare, expect the worse, expect to get ripped off by people, when it comes to giving credit trust nobody because it will happen to you, people are not as good as they may seems, it's not as easy as go to work 5 days a week and take a wage, you have to be good at what you do, you have to find work and it's not always that easy, there is paperwork to keep on top of, tax to sort, accounts to pay etc. Have a real good think it's not as easy as it sounds, I've been on my own for 4 years now had 4 people work with me and go, 3 vans now down to 1 and the industry in cctv is getting harder and budgets getting tighter and tighter, expect the worse and it can only get better, this is the other side of the shiny coin..... good luck

perfect example of what I was saying don`t do - thanks Mav, bet your the happiest now your on your own

hey thats means i'm VALUABLE! at last

:lol:

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived