Security Installer Community

Choosing Pir's? - Sun Light

ricool

cheers for all your advice, think I will go for quads in the main with one DT to cover the kitchen which has the glass which lets in all the sunlight - it doesn't particluar get hot though.

It did confuse me though as they had 3D ones which we're apparently good for white light yet the quads we're double the price...

It is very perplexing for a diy'er looking through 30 odd different pir's by the same manufacturer - they don't really give enough guidance (there all bloomin marvelous as far as there concerned when marketing them) but as you say I think the price does reflect what you get when comparing kit from the same manufacturer.

Another question regarding bellbox's, I plan to mount the main bellbox on the back of the house with a dummy one on the side which will also be seen from the front - is it really worth wiring the dummy to have those leds going when armed?

cheers again.

no its not worth it at all unless you have the time to do so, or its an easy cable run. we dont usualy have time to do this type of thing but you are not being paid for your time. why are you fitting the bellbox at the rear of the house?

why are you fitting the bellbox at the rear of the house?

Because that is where the nearest / most neighbours are ......... that's where mine are, so quiz of the night, where is my SA fitted?

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

"Because that is where the nearest / most neighbours are ......... that's where mine are, so quiz of the night, where is my SA fitted?"

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

"Because that is where the nearest / most neighbours are ......... that's where mine are, so quiz of the night, where is my SA fitted?"

i was meaning this particular site. i wanted to know why the poster put it at the back as he is a member of the public and instead of always telling them what to do on this forum its sometimes nice to listen and get some feedback from them. do you know the poster/site?

just to clear up, I'm not being "funny" to magpye, sorry if it came across like that.

sometimes customers give me food for thought. i used to tell them they will never use chime mode unless they own a shop. one day (this is going to sound like arfur) a customer told me she does use it, in fact she used it at the weekend as she was having a party and wanted to know if anyone was in her bedroom, genius! i now use this story to highlight chime mode.

sorry magpye

whit fur like???

fitting the bellbox at the back as my garden backs on to a park that you can simply walk from through a gate straight into my garden - front of the house is very busy and quite secure - so the thinking was that the intruder would enter from the rear and would see the bell box quite clearly and think twice - also its a nice victorian house and a bellbox on the front wouldn't look too good - so the dummy on the side (end terrace) so that is can be seen from the front.

Will probably wire up the other leds on the dummy (found a unit for

Archived