Security Installer Community

Choosing Pir's? - Sun Light

ricool

Hello there,

I'm doing a diy alarm install on my house using a texecom system but I am having difficult choosing the pir's - so many to choose from!

Does anyone have any good reference material for this?

I think standard ones will be fine for most areas but I have an open plan kitchen/back room with all glass at the back (patio doors/windows) - for this area do I go for a 3D sensor that is good against white light or for a DT sensor (just what I have read/picked up so far)- any help would be greatly received.

There's also a fire place with open chimney - I don't think it causes too much of a draft though so should be o.k.

Many Thanks,

I would go for a quality quad zone or a dual tech sensor.

You generally get what you pay for,...

Texecom DT's are a good price and often appear on ebay for prices much less than trade..brand new and boxed!

DT's are best and work find (in my experience) for conservatories etc.

DJ

i use quads minimium, put dualtech in conservatories.

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

cheers for all your advice, think I will go for quads in the main with one DT to cover the kitchen which has the glass which lets in all the sunlight - it doesn't particluar get hot though.

It did confuse me though as they had 3D ones which we're apparently good for white light yet the quads we're double the price...

It is very perplexing for a diy'er looking through 30 odd different pir's by the same manufacturer - they don't really give enough guidance (there all bloomin marvelous as far as there concerned when marketing them) but as you say I think the price does reflect what you get when comparing kit from the same manufacturer.

Another question regarding bellbox's, I plan to mount the main bellbox on the back of the house with a dummy one on the side which will also be seen from the front - is it really worth wiring the dummy to have those leds going when armed?

cheers again.

You can buy a little long-life battery/flashing LED module to pop inside a dummy bell-box for a few quid.

Not sure where though - maybe Maplin's have them?

Or, heaven forbid, eBay!!

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Archived