Security Installer Community

Gardtec 816

but with that many impact detectors I would be expecting a false alarm per week even if the system was working properly.

Well now, you obviously have a problem with shock sensors, I've got 17 fitted to my house and 4 at the garage, all on their own circuits, that's 21, never had a false alarm or a faulty unit, and yes they all work, tested regularly, 10-12yr old Vipers. If you know how to set them up correctly ............

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Guest anguscanplay
no it won't mate. not as a rule.

that is the joy of pulse counts.

if any one post was going to prove my point its that one , thnks for that ( pulse count :no: )

Well now, you obviously have a problem with shock sensors, I've got 17 fitted to my house and 4 at the garage, all on their own circuits, that's 21, never had a false alarm or a faulty unit, and yes they all work, tested regularly, 10-12yr old Vipers. If you know how to set them up correctly ............

how you testing them ? - calibration tool ? or you smashing the window everytime ? - lol aint no way to test them until you get broken into

They have been ok for the last 14 years. They are also set up correctly.

you cant possibly say that youve no way to check they are set up correctly and from what your describing about the activations its doubtful they were fitted OK in the first place.

Get yourself another engineer to check the system but from what your posting it sounds just what i would expect from a set up like yours

Angus ( no difference between heavy rain and me tapping your beeding out ? )

how you testing them ? - calibration tool ? or you smashing the window everytime ? - lol aint no way to test them until you get broken into

Suggest you talk to all the manufacturers of all these devices then, they've obviously been conning us all for years then?

You've never installed / sold these? So if you have not, you are not qualified to comment, it's like elections, if you don't vote, don't complain.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Suggest you talk to all the manufacturers of all these devices then, they've obviously been conning us all for years then?

You've never installed / sold these? So if you have not, you are not qualified to comment, it's like elections, if you don't vote, don't complain.

qfa, seems to have the total wrong idea about how they work.

trying to cut through all the above,

like Andy i don't like vibrations sensors much, but there are times when have to use them. i'm reluctant to use any device which can be activated by outside influences such as the caller not getting response from the door bell (because your out) then walks around the outside tapping on the windows because you may now be suddenly deaf:rolleyes: .

the false alarms could be down to several non technical faults, such as a new window cleaner (or the old one being now more busier having a new employee, even subbing out your house - it happens) or windows loose in frames. 14 years ago it was fairly common practice especially up North to have several vibration sensors or even pir's on the same zone. but most sensible companies would wire it so the 1st to activate would give a solid red indication with further activations showed by a flashing led.

trouble is (and why i did not install that way) is you need to rely on the client/keyholder to check the devices before reseting the system - hope and trust springs eternal in some engineers !

you really need an experienced preferably Gardtec aware engineer to attend your system, personally i would not condemn the panel on the evidence so far, especially without further investigations. i would wonder after your new engineer's eforts why you can not set any zones? the G816 is one of the most reliable panels there has been out there imo, put it this way it was my base panel for some 16 years, i have only ever changed one after a lightning strike hit the external siren and fried it, they are that good :yes: .

as it seems from your description, you do not have 1st to alarm indications so you need to get the wiring modified, the problems you have had are the biggest reason to do so.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay

I would have prefered to do this in trade buy hey ho you wouldnt let it lie - lol

er you said it mate

installed plenty in the test enviroment but never sold one as their against my policy of not fitting devices that are by design have to false alarm in order to work

qfa, seems to have the total wrong idea about how they work.

behave - I know perfectly well how they work and you know I do (grr lol ) here`s the deal - I`m going to sell you a new set of clothes they are designed to detect the very vibrations that surround us but I`m going to filter out the vibrations you dont want detecting and only signal the ones that I think are an intruder - Question ? " Hows it know ? " - hows it know that vibration is my hammer and not the heavy rain , hows it know that vibration is a brick and not next doors car exhaust , hows it know that vibration was a genuine break - in and now its done its job it can go to sleep - but wait the villain is hiding round the corner and now he has an open window of opperatunity ( literally ). Oh it didnt so it activated at all the above inputs - either that or it wasnt set up properly

leave us the keys to your car in a box and when i open it without setting off the impact detectors its mine to keep ? - deal ?

Angus ( well its like malcolm mcclaren designed em )

trying to cut through all the above,

like Andy i don't like vibrations sensors much, but there are times when have to use them. i'm reluctant to use any device which can be activated by outside influences such as the caller not getting response from the door bell (because your out) then walks around the outside tapping on the windows because you may now be suddenly deaf:rolleyes: .

the false alarms could be down to several non technical faults, such as a new window cleaner (or the old one being now more busier having a new employee, even subbing out your house - it happens) or windows loose in frames. 14 years ago it was fairly common practice especially up North to have several vibration sensors or even pir's on the same zone. but most sensible companies would wire it so the 1st to activate would give a solid red indication with further activations showed by a flashing led.

trouble is (and why i did not install that way) is you need to rely on the client/keyholder to check the devices before reseting the system - hope and trust springs eternal in some engineers !

you really need an experienced preferably Gardtec aware engineer to attend your system, personally i would not condemn the panel on the evidence so far, especially without further investigations. i would wonder after your new engineer's eforts why you can not set any zones? the G816 is one of the most reliable panels there has been out there imo, put it this way it was my base panel for some 16 years, i have only ever changed one after a lightning strike hit the external siren and fried it, they are that good :yes: .

as it seems from your description, you do not have 1st to alarm indications so you need to get the wiring modified, the problems you have had are the biggest reason to do so.

regs

alan

Hi Alan, do you mean replace the wiring when you say modify. By the way I have no intention of fixing/ replacing this myself, was hoping there might be a simple answer but judging by the response I have received there are lots of different opinions on this matter.

Regards.

Mark.

Archived