Security Installer Community

Gardtec 816

Hi, I have a gardtec 816 panel with a powergard 100 power supply and 19 vibration sensors. A few months ago the alarm started going off and the panel was saying it was in one of the bedrooms, there are 4 sensors in this bedroom all on the same zone. This started to happen more often, although when it went off none of the sensors were in alarm condition. I swapped these 4 sensors with ones off other windows to try and isolate the offending sensor. The next time it went off the panel was showing a completely different sensor in alarm ( not one of the ones I had swapped ) again the sensor itself was not in alarm condition. I cannot get touch with the original engineer who fitted it, but found another who looked at the system for me, he replaced the batteries which I was told were undersized 12volt 1.5 ah. He replaced these with a 7ah in the main panel and a 2ah in the powegard unit. Now when I put the alarm on it goes into alarm straight away showing a different sensor again in alarm, again the sensor itself is not flashing. If i use eng. mode and do a system test every zone shows up in fault. The engineer is now scratching his head but thinks the panel itself could be faulty. One more thing, on the powergard there are 2 lights ac and dc, the ac normally lit. Now when I turn off the power the ac light goes off but the dc light fails to come on, both batteries are at full power. Any help appreciated.... Mark.

Hi, I have a gardtec 816 panel with a powergard 100 power supply and 19 vibration sensors. A few months ago the alarm started going off and the panel was saying it was in one of the bedrooms, there are 4 sensors in this bedroom all on the same zone. This started to happen more often, although when it went off none of the sensors were in alarm condition. I swapped these 4 sensors with ones off other windows to try and isolate the offending sensor. The next time it went off the panel was showing a completely different sensor in alarm ( not one of the ones I had swapped ) again the sensor itself was not in alarm condition. I cannot get touch with the original engineer who fitted it, but found another who looked at the system for me, he replaced the batteries which I was told were undersized 12volt 1.5 ah. He replaced these with a 7ah in the main panel and a 2ah in the powegard unit. Now when I put the alarm on it goes into alarm straight away showing a different sensor again in alarm, again the sensor itself is not flashing. If i use eng. mode and do a system test every zone shows up in fault. The engineer is now scratching his head but thinks the panel itself could be faulty. One more thing, on the powergard there are 2 lights ac and dc, the ac normally lit. Now when I turn off the power the ac light goes off but the dc light fails to come on, both batteries are at full power. Any help appreciated.... Mark.

he should have checked for fuses, is there power at the sensors?

has he tried linking a few the sensors out? to see if they show closed?

sounds like the panel to me if you do decide to replace it get quotes from 3 different companies :)

regs

FCE

All comments in this post are my own views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer

Guest anguscanplay

you need a different engineer thats for sure - but with that many impact detectors I would be expecting a false alarm per week even if the system was working properly.

when you say going off do you mean activating as an intruder or sounding due to a tamper condition ?

Angus

you need a different engineer thats for sure - but with that many impact detectors I would be expecting a false alarm per week even if the system was working properly.

when you say going off do you mean activating as an intruder or sounding due to a tamper condition ?

Angus

shocksensors are not an issue if they are fitted properly, we fit them on all domestics and most commercials without issue.

i must admit though, we will only fit them one sensor per zone eol, this gives the best form of detection.

****again, has he tried linking all zones out to see if that is the issue?

if i was you i would contact gardtec and ask them for a number of a alarm company/engineer who they recommend in your area, as this guy dosn't seem the best.

Guest anguscanplay
They activate as if its an intruder.

plastic ( U-PVC ) windows ?

( if a shock is fitted correctly it will false alarm - its basicly designed to )

Archived