Security Installer Community

Gardtec 816

Hi Alan, do you mean replace the wiring when you say modify. By the way I have no intention of fixing/ replacing this myself, was hoping there might be a simple answer but judging by the response I have received there are lots of different opinions on this matter.

Regards.

Mark.

Hi Mark

I feel that the most sensible approach to your problem is to get a decent engineer in. You seem to be leaning towards spending lots of money which, in my extensive experience of the 816 panel, will most likely be unecessary.

Try contacting the manufacturer for a reputable engineer in your area by clicking the link below. I'm sure there must be engineers on this forum with Gardtec experience who are close to your location, it's just whether they happen to be here at this time...

http://www.riscogroup.co.uk/Default.aspx

I went up into the attic...I found a Stradavarius & a Picasso. Unfortunately.....

Stradavarius couldn't paint, and Picasso made a shocking fiddle.

My Facebook page...http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1279556853&ref=name

Hi Alan, do you mean replace the wiring when you say modify. By the way I have no intention of fixing/ replacing this myself, was hoping there might be a simple answer but judging by the response I have received there are lots of different opinions on this matter.

Regards.

Mark.

hi mark,

it would depend on if there is a 'spare' cable in the existing wiring, some engineers run 8 core others only 6 core leaving no 'spares'.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
sorry mate, but i am the shocker king :P, does anyone know what they are talking about?

yes they do have pulse count, don't think the old sg1's did but have a gander.

think he means its "shocking" that you pulse count the detector ( pun intended )

The picture of that board looks identical to the ones on my sensors, and yes Alan I am sure my wiring is 8 core...Mark.

you can soon tell as it will have brown and orange cores - in assuming alarm cable (not telephone cable) used and they have not been cut off short :realmad: .

i think most 'modern' shocks allow for 1st to alarm feature shown as the 'latch' in AE's posted picture, but to be sure we would need to know what model was used in your home.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

you can soon tell as it will have brown and orange cores - in assuming alarm cable (not telephone cable) used and they have not been cut off short :realmad: .i think most 'modern' shocks allow for 1st to alarm feature shown as the 'latch' in AE's posted picture, but to be sure we would need to know what model was used in your home.regsalan
they will have used the shockgard
think he means its "shocking" that you pulse count the detector ( pun intended )
don't think he did mate, i use it when needed.

Guest anguscanplay
they will have used the shockgarddon't think he did mate, i use it when needed.

so you can now see my point - your having to second filter a device to prevent false alarms , means it cant be stable in the first place can it

all the o/p is describing with his " activations in different areas over a given lentgh of time " is the standard for impact detectors - if their set right they false alarm - simple as

so you can now see my point - your having to second filter a device to prevent false alarms , means it cant be stable in the first place can it

all the o/p is describing with his " activations in different areas over a given lentgh of time " is the standard for impact detectors - if their set right they false alarm - simple as

Wrong, my rule of thumb is a window cleaner should be able to clean the window [not swing on to the wall with his ladders though :ranting: ] and you should be able to knock on the window.

now if you had fitted thousands of these you would notice they react differently to different kind of vibrations, they pick up sharp vibrations more then soft. that cuts out most problems.

also, the other thing you need to think about is offsetting there good points against the chance of their bad points, to me they will shine through as worth while everytime.

we all have our pet hates and i think most of the time it is caused by a lack of experience with a good example of the pet hate. eg. if you have only used **** ones a few times you won't like them.

i hate the [starts in t ends in com] range, in my experience you would need an earthquake to trigger them, so i don't use them.

now from a profit margin POV quads every time.

Archived