Security Installer Community

Deactivate Galaxy Tamper

billthornton

I have the engineers code because i made sure my girlfriend asked for it seeing that we paid for the install. I understand that this is a 'professional' install, ............

Well, not so professional then ......

British Standard PD6662 dictates that only engineers can access engineering.

Permitting a user to access engineering breaks regulations.

So you should not have the Eng. Code!

Professional, I don't think so.

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Andy, i appreciate your response. Thankyou.

I have the engineers code because i made sure my girlfriend asked for it seeing that we paid for the install. I understand that this is a 'professional' install, but lets be honest there is not a huge amount of different from this alarm to many other DIY systems which i have installed in the past.

Sorry Bill, but as has been pointed out by others who know much better, by definition you do NOT have a professional install as you have the engineers code.

If I recall correctly you came here because you were concerned about the quality of the installers work and whether the alarm did actually work properly......

You've been given good advice, some of it put bluntly - but then you didn't appear to be listening to people who do really know so you can't really blame them.

And all the "my rights/it's easy etc." stuff has been debated endlessly here in the past - if you're interested search around and read it, but take it from me you won't get anywhere.

So, maybe it's time to "bite the bullet" get a proper registered installer on the job? :rolleyes:

Also how do i get the install manual? I probably will want to add some extra sensors upstairs at some point, and possibly a keyfob deactivator, and i dont want to be tied to the installer.

Bill.

Barooga : - after i understood the forum rules i didnt ask for the manual. just a simple yes or no on my reseting the tamper with the engineer code was all i asked.

Angus : - yet another really useful post i see. I really hope you dont get paid for advice.

Bill.

Funny that, you wanted to know how to get the manual in your 1st post.

But, so far, you've come on here, asked a question, got given the correct answer, didn't like it then continued to berate anyone who answers.

Your professional installer happily gave you the engineer code when asked, so ask him for the further information you require.

I'll repeat an earlier question posed. On the assumption that this event actually took place.

How do you know one of us is not your installer??? or he's a member??

As Angus pointed pointed out earlier, you appear to be one of the usual Friday night members.

So, will the real BillThornton please stand up.

come on " thorny " show us you are straight - lol

Come on Angus, give the guy a break, it's the first time he's been here! No point in rubbing things in needlessly, it doesn't help your argument.

He's been given consistently the same answer so hopefully he'll ponder on that and come to the right conclusions.

It's also worth noting that no-one whatsoever has put forward a different view......

Anyway, Bill, it would be interesting if you could come back sometime and let us know how it worked out.

Guest anguscanplay
Come on Angus, give the guy a break, it's the first time he's been here! No point in rubbing things in needlessly, it doesn't help your argument.

He's been given consistently the same answer so hopefully he'll ponder on that and come to the right conclusions.

It's also worth noting that no-one whatsoever has put forward a different view......

Anyway, Bill, it would be interesting if you could come back sometime and let us know how it worked out.

sorry its just my juvenile sense of humour - said it before for all the guys on here know i might be a 14 year old - lol

proving a point here though - yep Bill ( I can call you Bill cant I Bill ) wants an answer but the question would / could help someone to disable a system, weve no idea who he is or even if he is Bill ( just googled and somebody is using my name for a technology forum ( shocking that is - is nothing private anymore lol )so it was never going to get an answer. Surely the public would be shouting more if we did give out that kind of info - but with dull predicabilty it follows the same pattern of question , answer , shouting , justification , sulking , name calling , more shouting then deletion.

Some people amaze me.

If any one wants a copy of this manual you are welcome to e-mail me, and i will happily send it to you.

Bill, you're amazing me!

First, ever heard of copyright? Is that manual yours to copy and distribute? I doubt it. So that's theft then and offering stolen goods?

Second, how do you know you haven't messed up your alarm that you presumably paid a lot of money for to protect your possessions. You may well have invalidated your insurance too.

Third, no forget it, I'm off on holiday..... :rolleyes:

Well, not so professional then ......

British Standard PD6662 dictates that only engineers can access engineering.

Permitting a user to access engineering breaks regulations.

So you should not have the Eng. Code!

Professional, I don't think so.

i see the 'high horse' brigade are out for bank holiday parades :rolleyes:

:hmm: so i ask when did total compliance with PD6662 become a the defacto method of deciding if a system is/was installed by a professional to earn the tittle of a professional installation ?

now before you snobs jump all over me as a non registered company (of which i proudly am) your saying a non-compliance such as even a NSI/SSAIB company not fitting a rubber grommet (I.E. A NON COMPLIANCE) on a mains cable input, makes the whole system an amature bodge job then? :no: - well i hope you got some good lawyers saying things like that in print.

for the more sensible amongst us, this guy could provide anyone of us who is a professional, with all the kit. he could even chose what makes and models to use. subsequently get it installed by a professional installer, so giving the client the engineer code is a non compliance but did not downgrade the system to an armature installation status - well as far as i can see, so care to correct me anyone?.

regs

alan (it's been way toooo quite in here lately :yes: )

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Alan i think you are right i can change the mobile number from the master user code, but to test it i need to open the box to make sure the siren doesnt go off. Otherwise the siren will keep sounding while a wait for text message to arrive or not. I also want to test the fire sensors to make sure they work correctly, but once again do not want to do this and anoy the hell out of the neighbours.

alarmgard : -

Of course i didnt test it when the installer was here, do you really think i would be asking these questions again if i had? My girlfriend was in the house when the installer fitted it. With regard to warranty. Do i really care about the warranty on a

I finally fixed it. I got a pdf version of the install manual from my friend. Delayed the alarm siren, and tested it that way. Spoke to one galaxy installer who said honeywell charge

Archived