Security Installer Community

Deactivate Galaxy Tamper

billthornton

Guest anguscanplay
Ok maybe i can word this a different way. If i set off the tamper on the box by opening it will my user code or engineer code stop the alarm? That way no-one is giving any secrets away.

Bill

try it , what have you to loose ? also might be a good idea to notify your insurance that your now maintaining your system yourself

Angus ( now wheres the thread with the guy who accidentaly progged all his detectors off ? )

try it , what have you to loose ? also might be a good idea to notify your insurance that your now maintaining your system yourself

Angus ( now wheres the thread with the guy who accidentaly progged all his detectors off ? )

Well there really does seem to be a lot of smart a**** on this forum who are particulary unhelpful.

If you dont want to help me, dont bother trying to come back with clever comments which are neither helpful nor worth me wasting my time reading.

All of the replies i have had from 'trade' so far on this forum give the impression you think you are part of some elite group who are above other, frightened that telling people who want to try to fix something themselves will lose you business, i am not saying you all are this way, maybe i have been very unlucky to have had replies from some small minded few so far.

Angus, i dont really want to lower myself to your level, however, for you information, i have told my insurance company i have no alarm. Why? because if you guys havent done your job right, and the alarm doesnt go off, then they cannot say it wasnt set, i find it highly unlikely you would admit fault on those occations.

Since posting my first post i have been searching for answers to this on these forums and others. I have come accross lots of similar unhelpful posts from you and people like you, to people like myself who have paid for something and for some bizzare reason you feel that we dont have a right to have a manual.

All i asked for in my last post was a simple yes or no, would i beable to reset the siren with the user/engineer code if i took the cover off. And you give me what?? Dont waste my time.

Bottom line is, a forum like this one is designed to help people. If you dont want to help, dont post.

I will now speak to my friend on tuesday and get the information from Honeywell.

Bill.

Time to close this now I think.

We're going round and round in circles.

Tuesday beckons ......

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Guest anguscanplay
All i asked for in my last post was a simple yes or no, would i beable to reset the siren with the user/engineer code if i took the cover off. And you give me what??

to be honest bill if you have to ask for that level of operational advise your wasting my time

Bottom line is, a forum like this one is designed to help people. If you dont want to help, dont post.I will now speak to my friend on tuesday and get the information from Honeywell.Bill.

if youve got the user manual you have all the information you need - try reading it first, otherwise stop asking questions that read like someone who wants advice on breaking into alarmed buildings, you could have saved all this fun by just following the excellent advice you recieved from the first person to reply

Angus ( the clue is in the forum name - SECURITY )

Well there really does seem to be a lot of smart a**** on this forum who are particulary unhelpful.

If you dont want to help me, dont bother trying to come back with clever comments which are neither helpful nor worth me wasting my time reading.

All of the replies i have had from 'trade' so far on this forum give the impression you think you are part of some elite group who are above other, frightened that telling people who want to try to fix something themselves will lose you business, i am not saying you all are this way, maybe i have been very unlucky to have had replies from some small minded few so far.

Angus, i dont really want to lower myself to your level, however, for you information, i have told my insurance company i have no alarm. Why? because if you guys havent done your job right, and the alarm doesnt go off, then they cannot say it wasnt set, i find it highly unlikely you would admit fault on those occations.

Since posting my first post i have been searching for answers to this on these forums and others. I have come accross lots of similar unhelpful posts from you and people like you, to people like myself who have paid for something and for some bizzare reason you feel that we dont have a right to have a manual.

All i asked for in my last post was a simple yes or no, would i beable to reset the siren with the user/engineer code if i took the cover off. And you give me what?? Dont waste my time.

Bottom line is, a forum like this one is designed to help people. If you dont want to help, dont post.

I will now speak to my friend on tuesday and get the information from Honeywell.

Bill.

No one is saying you don't have a right to a manual. What we are all saying is you ain't gonna get the install manual from here. - as you would know if you read the rules before going off on one.

Do you know who anyone is on here??

Do we know who you are??

No on both counts. Yet you feel it is perfectly acceptable for us to give sensitive information out to anyone who asks.

No one insulted you, so please don't insult us by asking us to go against our ethics.

As alluded to earlier, something rather strange going on if you can't/won't speak to your installer. And to add a touch of fun to all this, how do you know it isn't one of us?? :whistle:

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

Even if you had the manual you could not reprogram anything with out the Engineer code.Sounds like its going to cost you...This is one of the reasons i hate domestic work....Also if you open the panel with out the code i am 99.9% sure it will lock out untill and engineer has called out to reset it and charged you for the visit.

Even if you had the manual you could not reprogram anything with out the Engineer code..

The originator said he has the engineer code.

To be honest, I do wonder why he has it though - based on what I've seen here no proper professional installer would hand that over on such a system. Unless it was a job being done "by a mate" or similar?

As an outsider to this debate, something doesn't quite stack up here.... :whistle:

Hello Bill.

I think you're making incorrect assumptions about who your audience is and their motivation. And being polite helps too... :whistle:

You're asking questions about a panel that is a professionals-only unit. If you doubt that search around here for relevant posts.

As such, amateurs like me will not be replying - we don't know anything about it and don't use it. The only people who could answer are the professionals. And they will follow the route of telling you what is right and correct. And they won't compromise the work of the supposedly professional installer who has set your system up. That was done from the start, but you didn't like the answers as you weren't told what you thought you had a right to know.

You really do need to go back to your installer; he should show you how the system works and give you the user instructions.

That system, as far as I know, doesn't even come with an installers manual. The installer has to get his own copy and do the relevant training. You may be lucky and get a copy from Honeywell, but as you are not "in the trade" you shouldn't. And if you had it, without training, what use will it be?

As I said, I'm just a DIY amateur installer, but I am logical and you seem to be going at this from entirely the wrong direction.

I hope you manage to get satisfaction that it does work but you'll need to do it another way.

Hello Bill.

I think you're making incorrect assumptions about who your audience is and their motivation. And being polite helps too... :whistle:

You're asking questions about a panel that is a professionals-only unit. If you doubt that search around here for relevant posts.

As such, amateurs like me will not be replying - we don't know anything about it and don't use it. The only people who could answer are the professionals. And they will follow the route of telling you what is right and correct. And they won't compromise the work of the supposedly professional installer who has set your system up. That was done from the start, but you didn't like the answers as you weren't told what you thought you had a right to know.

You really do need to go back to your installer; he should show you how the system works and give you the user instructions.

That system, as far as I know, doesn't even come with an installers manual. The installer has to get his own copy and do the relevant training. You may be lucky and get a copy from Honeywell, but as you are not "in the trade" you shouldn't. And if you had it, without training, what use will it be?

As I said, I'm just a DIY amateur installer, but I am logical and you seem to be going at this from entirely the wrong direction.

I hope you manage to get satisfaction that it does work but you'll need to do it another way.

Andy, i appreciate your response. Thankyou.

I have the engineers code because i made sure my girlfriend asked for it seeing that we paid for the install. I understand that this is a 'professional' install, but lets be honest there is not a huge amount of different from this alarm to many other DIY systems which i have installed in the past. I mean lets be honest there are menu systems to set the different settings but it doesnt take a huge amount of reading to work it all out. I just wanted to be sure on a couple of points i.e. not setting the tamper off.

I will solve this on tuesday when i get my friend to explain or talk to honeywell for me, but i think this route is ridiculous. I paid for an alarm, i have the right to manage and reprogram it myself, without having to pay installers to do it. Dont get me wrong i happily paid for the installation, as the wiring is far better than any i could have done (with my poor diy skills), and i would happily pay again, but i still want the option to check my own system.

Barooga : - after i understood the forum rules i didnt ask for the manual. just a simple yes or no on my reseting the tamper with the engineer code was all i asked.

Angus : - yet another really useful post i see. I really hope you dont get paid for advice.

Regards,

Bill.

Guest anguscanplay
Andy, i appreciate your response. Thankyou.

I have the engineers code because i made sure my girlfriend asked for it seeing that we paid for the install. I understand that this is a 'professional' install, but lets be honest there is not a huge amount of different from this alarm to many other DIY systems which i have installed in the past. I mean lets be honest there are menu systems to set the different settings but it doesnt take a huge amount of reading to work it all out.

doesnt take much to get it all wrong either

I just wanted to be sure on a couple of points i.e. not setting the tamper off.

why - that is the question here

I will solve this on tuesday when i get my friend to explain or talk to honeywell for me,

he probably will but really he shouldnt

but i think this route is ridiculous. I paid for an alarm, i have the right to manage and reprogram it myself, without having to pay installers to do it.

you have the right but not the skill

Dont get me wrong i happily paid for the installation, as the wiring is far better than any i could have done (with my poor diy skills), and i would happily pay again, but i still want the option to check my own system.

Angus : - yet another really useful post i see. I really hope you dont get paid for advice.

I`m famous for them

Regards,

Bill.

nah Bill theres something not right about you - youve "installed alarms " in the past , youve got the engineer code but had it " proffesionaly installed ", youve got a " friend " in the industry and you " know which wires to remove " but you still come on an internet forum to ask an unanswerable question on the weak basis that you dont want the alarm to sound whilst your testing it.

your right in one respect i dont get paid for my advice i get paid for my skill and judgement and for taking full responsibilty for the correct performance of your alarm system ( thats what seperates the trade from the DIY -er ) so no I wont be telling you if your code will stop and reset a tamper activation

tell you what why not try and do this the right way - you tell me who fitted the system , i will ring them tuesday morning and check theres no outstanding bills etc and get a letter of absolvment from them then i could come round and re-boot your panel for you to allow you to play with it to your hearts content ( subject to a signed letter from yourselves too ) or why not just read the user manual youve already got - it tells you all you need to know in there.

there again if its just friday night and youve got nothing to watch on the telly your probably in the right place with that question

Angus ( it really is a secret club , we have handshakes and everything lol )

Archived