Security Installer Community

Deactivate Galaxy Tamper

billthornton

I have just had a galaxy 2 series installed.I want to do some testing of the SMS message sending for different events (alarm, fire etc) to check it will work, but i obviously dont want the siren outside to keep going off. I have the engineers code and the user code. How do i deactivate the tamper switch on the control panel so i can unplug the siren so i can do my testing?

Also how do i get the install manual? I probably will want to add some extra sensors upstairs at some point, and possibly a keyfob deactivator, and i dont want to be tied to the installer.

Bill.

Thanks, but i believe the sms has only been set up to dial my mobile directly without using a message center. Also i want to test how it will work (and if it does) with the fire sensors. In essence i am not 100% confident the installer has done a good job. I have many questions which i want to test. i.e. if once i have the message center set? will it text me different messages for different alerts? how many texts does it send? does it send to all mobiles listed? Do i have to respond to the texts? etc

So i either

a) call the installer and question them, which of course they will say it works fine.

or b ) call out another installer, which will cost me more money.

or c) check the install myself without disturbing the neighbours by disabling the siren, which i know which wires they are, i just need to be sure i have deactivated the tamper switch on the cover.

Bill.

You have just had the system installed and paid for it, did you not discuss the setup with the installer? Did you not test it working when it was installed.

I would be calling the installer who fitted the system as any of your other options will invalidate the warranty on the system.

just curious as not a panel i use, but can the SMS message not be changed from a master user code? seems odd if you have to call the installer when you go on holiday or change your mobby number.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

just curious as not a panel i use, but can the SMS message not be changed from a master user code? seems odd if you have to call the installer when you go on holiday or change your mobby number.

regs

alan

Alan i think you are right i can change the mobile number from the master user code, but to test it i need to open the box to make sure the siren doesnt go off. Otherwise the siren will keep sounding while a wait for text message to arrive or not. I also want to test the fire sensors to make sure they work correctly, but once again do not want to do this and anoy the hell out of the neighbours.

alarmgard : -

Of course i didnt test it when the installer was here, do you really think i would be asking these questions again if i had? My girlfriend was in the house when the installer fitted it. With regard to warranty. Do i really care about the warranty on a

All i ask is a simple question, does anyone know which option it is to disable the tamper on the control panel?

Sorry, but, just to reiterate,

these forums do not give out engineering manuals, defaulting information or explain how to overcome alarm systems (disable the tamper on the control panel) etc.

For your information, you can't disable the tamper in the way you require, it would have to be done by engineering intervention

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

can you not see what is wrong with that sentence? All your problems start from the fact you thought you had bought a bargain , a real alarm firm at real alarm money and you wouldnt be having this argument

aint a trade member on this site or in the world going to tell a person on the net how to disable an alarm - think about it

Angus, i didnt pay

isnt there a forum on this site that is for manual requests? So i dont understand your statement (twice)

Hello, There is a section on the site for USER MANUAL requests only, engineering manuals are not available in the public domian.

regs

FCE

All comments in this post are my own views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer

Archived