Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier 24 Diy Install

ASICMan

I always use EOL as i find it easier to find faults especialy tamper faults as the Keypad will display the zone at fault instead of having to meter all the tampers one by one!

For PIRS place your 2k2 resistor over the alarm terminals then place your 4k7 resistor from one side of the alarm terminals to one of the tamper terminals then wire your two cores for exmple red and yellow, red goes into your alarm terminal the one with a leg of 2k2 in it and your yellow into the tamper terminal the one with no resistor in it!

For Contacts place your 2k2 over the two silver terminals these represent the reed switch then from one silver terminal place your 4k7 to any of the brass terminals then like before place your red on the 2k2 resistor and yellow on the 4k7 and the silver terminal with 2 legs of resistor can be left.

For fault finding with a meter or if you go to ENGINEER UTILITYS option 3 SEE ZONES the following is applyed:

2K2 = closed circuit.

6K7 = open circuit.

4K7 = you have your resistors the wrong way round.

OL = Tamper

One other fault to look out for is say you have 2k2 and the circuit seems fine goes to 6k6 when you activate it but shows a fault on the Keypad your prob find you have (+) power on the alarm loop.

Hope this helps with your install!

Ryan Williams - South coast service engineer for Banham Fire & Security Group*

*Comments are my own and do not reflect those of Banham Fire & Security Group.

Guest Dave the alarm man
and it really isnt rocket science like some of the pros preach on here

horse's for courses......mate

despite being well educated & employed in the professional classes, two health professional employed in the NHS could not blow up glasgow airport, with advice taken from the internet be it alarm fourms or improvised explosive4jihad.com "expert advice" is not a replacement for an expert

I always use EOL as i find it easier to find faults especialy tamper faults as the Keypad will display the zone at fault instead of having to meter all the tampers one by one!

For PIRS place your 2k2 resistor over the alarm terminals then place your 4k7 resistor from one side of the alarm terminals to one of the tamper terminals then wire your two cores for exmple red and yellow, red goes into your alarm terminal the one with a leg of 2k2 in it and your yellow into the tamper terminal the one with no resistor in it!

For Contacts place your 2k2 over the two silver terminals these represent the reed switch then from one silver terminal place your 4k7 to any of the brass terminals then like before place your red on the 2k2 resistor and yellow on the 4k7 and the silver terminal with 2 legs of resistor can be left.

For fault finding with a meter or if you go to ENGINEER UTILITYS option 3 SEE ZONES the following is applyed:

2K2 = closed circuit.

6K7 = open circuit.

4K7 = you have your resistors the wrong way round.

OL = Tamper

One other fault to look out for is say you have 2k2 and the circuit seems fine goes to 6k6 when you activate it but shows a fault on the Keypad your prob find you have (+) power on the alarm loop.

Hope this helps with your install!

I think you've got your resistors round the wrong way Ryan, 4k7 across alarm pair, 2k2 in series with cable.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

yeah i remember you dandle - i hope you got the cables seperated from the mains by 100mm lol

small problem now youve connected all the screens to earth - you need to tell the building control officer and issued the certs required for Part P

Angus ( its called SELV for a reason doh )

My mates checked it out and is was more than happy to issue certificates for it and hes BSI 2391 certified.

horse's for courses......mate

despite being well educated & employed in the professional classes, two health professional employed in the NHS could not blow up glasgow airport, with advice taken from the internet be it alarm fourms or improvised explosive4jihad.com "expert advice" is not a replacement for an expert

I agree but alot of the advise on here isnt advice it's "get a pro to do it". Its just not a very friendly forum with alot of sarcasm and it kinda lets it down a bit.

Guest Dave the alarm man
My mates checked it out and is was more than happy to issue certificates for it and hes BSI 2391 certified.

I assume you mean C&G 2391 (Inspection & Test) & your not premitted to cert others work

Holding that alone is not enough to meet the requirements of Part P you have to be member of the NIC EIC Domestic installer scheme (or equivalent)

I agree but alot of the advise on here isnt advice it's "get a pro to do it".

which is dam good advice :P

I assume you mean C&G 2391 (Inspection & Test) & your not premitted to cert others work

Holding that alone is not enough to meet the requirements of Part P you have to be member of the NIC EIC Domestic installer scheme (or equivalent)

Like British Standards Institution maybe.

Guest Dave the alarm man
Like British Standards Institution maybe.

so your saying they do an equivalent NIC EIC Domestic installer scheme ?

been a BSI member for donkeys years (gets you a discount on standards alarm companies spend a lot of money on paper standards EN50131 Draft Doc's being almost as painful as burning money for fun :cry:) how on earth would choose their scheme over the other even the Corgi one, madness.

if your mate is certing work as his install when its not that fraud, as for an "unfriendly forum" I sure some members will chip in for a soap on rope just in case it all goes pear shaped for your pal :rolleyes:

your on here very often, considering how horrible a place it is. :hmm:

They say the truth hurts

"Its just not a very friendly forum with alot of sarcasm and it kinda lets it down a bit."

Nwe forum rule

No-Moaning.jpg

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Archived