Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier 24 Diy Install

ASICMan

Hi, I am fairly new to the board, but reading a lot of the Posts helped to clarify my thoughts on the alarm upgrade and with planning the installation. I would like to thank the pros who bother to help us DIYers. For me to go DIY again was not lost business to the trade, but any advice is gratefully received.

I am upgrading my existing wired alarm system to a Texecom Premier 24, with 4 x Prestige PW PIR (2 cats!) sensors, magnetic contacts and prox keypad. This is the third system (over 17 years), so I have some knowledge (and good notes) from my previous installs.

I have read many of the forum posts on wiring, especially for DIY, but I think I understand EOL enough to wire all the sensors this way (one/zone). I made a wiring diagram and it matches the one posted on this forum elsewhere. Many installers say don't bother, use direct wiring, but I think EOL is worth the extra effort, mainly to detect short circuits.

So, if I use EOL, I would have two wires (one off the tamper, one off the alarm NC) go to the Zone x on the control panel. Should I also wire a global tamper (in series) for all the sensors (on a connector block in the control panel)? Is this Belt & Braces or overkill? Fault finding would be more difficult I presume.

If the advice is still to go direct connect, then I guess a global tamper is then required.

Thanks for any advice, before I get started.

Hi, I am fairly new to the board, but reading a lot of the Posts helped to clarify my thoughts on the alarm upgrade and with planning the installation. I would like to thank the pros who bother to help us DIYers. For me to go DIY again was not lost business to the trade, but any advice is gratefully received.

I am upgrading my existing wired alarm system to a Texecom Premier 24, with 4 x Prestige PW PIR (2 cats!) sensors, magnetic contacts and prox keypad. This is the third system (over 17 years), so I have some knowledge (and good notes) from my previous installs.

I have read many of the forum posts on wiring, especially for DIY, but I think I understand EOL enough to wire all the sensors this way (one/zone). I made a wiring diagram and it matches the one posted on this forum elsewhere. Many installers say don't bother, use direct wiring, but I think EOL is worth the extra effort, mainly to detect short circuits.

So, if I use EOL, I would have two wires (one off the tamper, one off the alarm NC) go to the Zone x on the control panel. Should I also wire a global tamper (in series) for all the sensors (on a connector block in the control panel)? Is this Belt & Braces or overkill? Fault finding would be more difficult I presume.

If the advice is still to go direct connect, then I guess a global tamper is then required.

Thanks for any advice, before I get started.

if you use direct connect you won't need to use global tamper as you would use 4 wires instead of 2 which you would use for eol. the four wires would be used per zone 2 for alarm and 2 for tamper. but eol is better and more secure it only needs 2 wires and this will monitor the alarm and tamper circuit per zone hope this hasn't confused you.

Guest Dave the alarm man
So, if I use EOL, I would have two wires (one off the tamper, one off the alarm NC) go to the Zone x on the control panel. Should I also wire a global tamper (in series) for all the sensors (on a connector block in the control panel)? Is this Belt & Braces or overkill? Fault finding would be more difficult I presume

:unsure: I think the term "extracting urine" spring to mind?

II think I understand EOL enough to wire all the sensors this way (one/zone).

Im affraid that the above is a contradiction in terms, an oxyMORON :P SO TO SPEAK.

tbh i thing double pole is the best bet in this case, eol is a little above the DIY area.

no offence ment.

:unsure: I think the term "extracting urine" spring to mind?

Certainly no intention to extract anything other than a helpfull response. Sorry if this caused you offense. My confusion comes from the Texecom install diagram which seems to show the two wire connection to the zone x AND on to the tamper loop.

Thanks to BASS for his quick response. No. it didn't confuse me thanks and I will go EOL.

Certainly no intention to extract anything other than a helpfull response. Sorry if this caused you offense. My confusion comes from the Texecom install diagram which seems to show the two wire connection to the zone x AND on to the tamper loop.

Thanks to BASS for his quick response. No. it didn't confuse me thanks and I will go EOL.

You have to wire it EOL on the premier 24 as the board only has two connections per zone. The panel will come with 8 2.2k ohm resistors and 8 4.7k ohm resistors in the box. The 2.2 connects one out side of the tamper output to one of the nc contacts on the pir, with the other tamper output being wired to the panel. The 4.7k resistor then bridges both the nc contacts and the nc contact that doesn't have the 2.2k reistor in it as well connects to the other input on the panel.

I wired my house up last week with the same premier 24 and it really isnt rocket science like some of the pros preach on here(I don't even know why some of them come into the DIY section with such bad attitudes and manners, some were very helpful though). I used 6 core sheilded wire all round and earthed the sheild to the metal panel box. The only thing i changed after the intial connection was to wire the walk test up to the panel rather than have the pir's flash as you walk around the house normally(this means you use 5 out of the 6 cores rather than four).

Good luck anyway mate and take your time doing it.

You have to wire it EOL on the premier 24 as the board only has two connections per zone. The panel will come with 8 2.2k ohm resistors and 8 4.7k ohm resistors in the box. The 2.2 connects one out side of the tamper output to one of the nc contacts on the pir, with the other tamper output being wired to the panel. The 4.7k resistor then bridges both the nc contacts and the nc contact that doesn't have the 2.2k reistor in it as well connects to the other input on the panel.

I wired my house up last week with the same premier 24 and it really isnt rocket science like some of the pros preach on here(I don't even know why some of them come into the DIY section with such bad attitudes and manners, some were very helpful though). I used 6 core sheilded wire all round and earthed the sheild to the metal panel box. The only thing i changed after the intial connection was to wire the walk test up to the panel rather than have the pir's flash as you walk around the house normally(this means you use 5 out of the 6 cores rather than four).

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr you dont have to wire it EOL, why do you think there are auxiliary tamper terminals and the zones can be programmed as normally closed????

Having said that, EOL is better as if you get a tamper it lets you know exactly where from.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr you dont have to wire it EOL, why do you think there are auxiliary tamper terminals and the zones can be programmed as normally closed????

Having said that, EOL is better as if you get a tamper it lets you know exactly where from.

calm down. its not as hard as we make out, he knows best. :P lol

Guest anguscanplay

yeah i remember you dandle - i hope you got the cables seperated from the mains by 100mm lol

small problem now youve connected all the screens to earth - you need to tell the building control officer and issued the certs required for Part P

Angus ( its called SELV for a reason doh )

Guest anguscanplay

and loose the remote test facility - you wont know the sensors are detecting if the lights off

ive said many a time that installing an alarm is easy , its only a case of connecting by numbers any fool can do it lol

Angus

Archived