Security Installer Community

Switching Lights

Guest anguscanplay

Guest anguscanplay

right heres the problem

go into en-suite and forget to turn off the light - leave bedroom and remember to switch the bedroom light off - result is en-suite light left on all day

obviously twoway switches are no good as i dont want the en-suite light on if im just in the bedroom or vise versa

anyone know of a solution ?

angus

and i dont mean use the other bathroom instead

right heres the problem

go into en-suite and forget to turn off the light - leave bedroom and remember to switch the bedroom light off - result is en-suite light left on all day

obviously twoway switches are no good as i dont want the en-suite light on if im just in the bedroom or vise versa

anyone know of a solution ?

angus

and i dont mean use the other bathroom instead

Colombus time lag switch if on a panel.

Or, occupyncy (Can't spell it!) sensor in the en-suite.

Or, double pole switch on bedroon light, one pole killing feed to en-suite.

Remember fan overun may be required as well....

Couple of ideas for you dear boy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

How long do you spend in the en-suite?

Get a pneumatic switch that landlords put in common areas of flats, push and it stays on for pre set lemgth of time.

Bonus feature, stops you spending too long in there.

It's called a Columbus time lag switch. :rolleyes:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Amateur Radio Forum

run 3 core from bathroom light switch and change single switch in bedroom to a two gang connect 3 core from on suite into second switch in bedroom and he presto two way between the bedroom and en suit BOTH seperately controlled.

How is that going to remind him he left it on? :hmm:

My Amateur Radio Forum

How is that going to remind him he left it on? :hmm:

I say fit a master blaster on a 3 minute timer. That'll remind him...and if he ain't finished in 3 minutes, he soon will be when that goes off. :whistle:

I say fit a master blaster on a 3 minute timer. That'll remind him...and if he ain't finished in 3 minutes, he soon will be when that goes off. :whistle:

:roflmao:

My Amateur Radio Forum

make the wife aware of the problem, she will make sure you do not leave it on too many time, either that or fit a pull switch, string to the floor, then train the dog or cat to go and check and switch it off. if that does not work kill the master switch as you leave the premises..

fun over at work our lights are on a sensor that senses movement, no movement after a certain period of time lights off, do not know how you will be on with part p though, may need to hire a spark to fit it

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Guest anguscanplay

Or, double pole switch on bedroon light, one pole killing feed to en-suite.

Couple of ideas for you dear boy!

i wouldnt be able to have just the en-suite on though

whats an intermediate switch

i wouldnt be able to have just the en-suite on though

whats an intermediate switch

If you add another switch to a two way you use an intermediate, no good to you. What sort of switch does the en-suite have now?

If you add another switch to a two way you use an intermediate, no good to you. What sort of switch does the en-suite have now?

What about one of my other fantastic ideas?

My Amateur Radio Forum

Archived