Security Installer Community

Playstation 3

Pav

It looks good (a bit big), it has got blue-ray HD disc player built in, plays games (not all for PS2) and it's very expensive.

Is it worth to buy one now? Anyone has got first hand experience using one? There is a saying that you shouldn't buy the first version of any new hardware as it usually contains bugs, but is it new? It has been out in Japan and USA since November.

What about power consumption? I heard somewhere that it uses more juice than 6 TVs running at the same time!

Pav

Initial Fire and Security

http://www.ies.uk.com

pavel@ies.uk.com

hi fella,

just to let you know i own a PS3 i picked it up on launch night very nice bit of kit, as regards to price i think its cheap !! believe it or not sony actually make a lose on every PS3 they sell ! its cheap, if you to go to the shops and ask how much a bluy-ray player the man in the shop will repley "to you sir a grand" plus your can store music, pics, games so at

There is also a problem connecting the ps3 to hd tvs, apparently most tvs are hdmi 1.1, sony decided to put hdmi 1.3 on the ps3.

You may think 'so what', well sony didnt think it worth making it backwards compatible with hdmi 1.1.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

There is also a problem connecting the ps3 to hd tvs, apparently most tvs are hdmi 1.1, sony decided to put hdmi 1.3 on the ps3.

You may think 'so what', well sony didnt think it worth making it backwards compatible with hdmi 1.1.

better and better

might be worth importing a yank machine, at least the games come out 6 months earlier over there

regs

ala

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Give it 2 years and microsoft will be giving away 360's when the third gen of games are produced and the designers really make the cell chip in the PS3 sing !! the cell chip is equivilant to 2 3ghz processors !!, ive not heard of any problems with the HDMI inputs, but then again i dont know everything but 1 thing i do know is that no other console outputs FULL HD (1080p)

Guest Sparky169

I have to agree with you here this is so true of sony and also agree that the hd tv's are just a fantasy and they are expensive and imo not needed. i think some of this NEW technology as they are calling it is just over the top.

I certainly couldnt afford to buy a ps3 at over

..... thats why the tv's etc are not selling as quickly as munfacturers would like because they are way over peoples budgets atm.

Whilst I agree re the price of a PS3, I don't re TV; they've never been cheaper.

I think back to what TV's used to cost in real terms (or even pounds) and they're going down all the while.

The last "proper" big TV we bought was a Sony 25" in Jan 1993 and it cost

• 2 weeks later...

Archived