Security Installer Community

Site Suggestions

breff

perhaps theres a ghost like the one that lives in my toolbox - big red driver not there - next time i look its at the top lol

i dont mind the mods saying what they have done and why either there or by message as long as they dont alter our posts to make their posts stronger and remeber you can always report the modding if it is that wrong i have and there was no hard feeling

hi angus,

sometimes not all of the post is 'forboten' so only the content that is questionable will be removed or edited, this could be a joke with good intent but not in good tast, or trade prices quoted in public which i'm not personally bothered about, but i respct the majorities wishes so edit them out.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

trust me, if i do edit/delete anything i stick my name on it so there's no mistakes

regs

alan

You do Arfur, but anonymous mod edits do occur.

I agree that sometimes it is a Mod just applying a gentle hand to the tiller so to speak but all editing can have a major effect on a thread.

Thats not correct, the board settings are such that if any Mod edits a post then there name and time is put at the bottom of the post, have a look at your own post I have just added this text.

hi angus,

sometimes not all of the post is 'forboten' so only the content that is questionable will be removed or edited, this could be a joke with good intent but not in good tast, or trade prices quoted in public which i'm not personally bothered about, but i respct the majorities wishes so edit them out.

regs

alan

Anybody else fed up with all the bickering? :sucks:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

but as it was in the trade section and NOBODY actually said anything about the firm good or bad we were just talking about companies reputations in general - can you see how it came over as censorship - we had a warning before anyone posted - fair enough - no body overstepped any lines and it was effectivly pulled - now i might have learnt something if it had been allowed to continue -

angus

thats why a trade fire mod took the action (not any of us public mods), i did flag it early on as it was highly likely to go naughty, the fire mod watched in case but it did not actually go anywhere in the end so he dumped most of it which we are instructed to do with pointless threads.

regs

alan

Guest anguscanplay
hi angus,

regs

alan

sorry honary dad but the majority wish was to see what mrsilcox had on his mind - good or bad and in my opinion that was a bad call by the mods

i prefer this bickering to the adolesant swearing in the other thread on this topic luggsey but agree it might be time for this topic to be modded back onto a list of suggested improvments

angus

hi pete,

sometimes a post is made that is lets say a lttle unwise or borderline, to comment might seem as though you are being told off or belittled, when we are just protecting amember or company against a posible libel or upset for example.

sometimes by the time we see it, there may be several posts by different members, so it become dificult to make a general remark to cover it all, or pm each contributor which we do try to do.

the recent fire alarm company asking for comment post is an example, time was given for the o/p to qualify and clarify the original question but no further response from him was amde, it descended into a 'guessing' thread, which really made no contribution or sense so it was mainly deleted by one of the fire mods.

i hope this helps

regs

alan

Thanks Alan point taken hanging my head in shame :signthankspin:

P.S. Happy Easter

Peter Robinson

Freelance

M:07889038650

sorry honary dad but the majority wish was to see what mrsilcox had on his mind - good or bad and in my opinion that was a bad call by the mods

i prefer this bickering to the adolesant swearing in the other thread on this topic luggsey but agree it might be time for this topic to be modded back onto a list of suggested improvments

angus

Every other thread seems to be bickering lately, I am really fed up with it!

:smash:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is like a box of chocolates, some bugger always gets the nice ones!

My Amateur Radio Forum

Anybody else fed up with all the bickering? :sucks:

personally no,

i welcome these open dicussions as long as the good nature and mutual respect keeps pace, imo if members didn't complain, then we mod's don't know if we are doing right or wrong, and think were doing everything aok (omg now that would never do would it :no: ) so the 'bickering' keeps our feet on terra firmer.

just remmember we are also members so seek if not actually atain to perfection (well apart from me of course :whistle: )

regs

alan

You do Arfur, but anonymous mod edits do occur.

I agree that sometimes it is a Mod just applying a gentle hand to the tiller so to speak but all editing can have a major effect on a thread.

Thats not correct, the board settings are such that if any Mod edits a post then there name and time is put at the bottom of the post, have a look at your own post I have just added this text.

Guest anguscanplay
Every other thread seems to be bickering lately, I am really fed up with it!

:smash:

thats the problem when you ask people whats wrong with things

it will pass soon

Archived