Security Installer Community

Site Suggestions

breff

Roger,

you have a tendency to use the fact a member is an employee of a company rather than an owner like you and i to give value to your arguments.

thats is wrong as it is belittlement.

what Dave has said is correct, and Dave doe's care which is obvious to see, as we all do for our trade. to say different is highly insulting and unaceptable abuse especially in attempt to win an argument, so show some respect - if you want some or don't post

whether we like it or not this info is widely available, our 'excuse' as you put it for it being available here, is the info can be accompanied by knowledgeable input from true professionals such as you, if you care to with good sound advice, not some upstart wannabe armatures advice found on other sites.

keep post respectful or be edited - Arfur

Heres my two pence worth(for what it is worth)

I stumbled across this site about a year ago and i have to say i was and still am very impressed how this board has grown,what concerned me slightly was how certain individuals(i am not going to quote name but we can all assume who i am refering too) were using this site for a spring board for there own companies(and i don't think that is why dave set up this site??).With the introduction of public mods(and you guys are doing a great job) that to a certain point as now stopped

As for Dave not caring???? what planet are you from roger???...because it certainly is'nt the one i am on because if dave did'nt care this site would never have been born....but arftur is right YOU are trying(without any sucess)to belittle people and i will say in the time i have been dropping in this is'nt the first time,but on a closing note roger it does sound like a huge case of sour grapes on your part and i have to say i find what twaddle you have just posted highly insulting but if you do not like the way the site is run don't use it

this may get removed by the moderators(cos they are doing a great job) but this how i felt and i am not one to sit back and little some one spout rubbish :rolleyes:

My two pence worth is that when posts or even topics are deleted it would be nice to

see a comment giving some sort of reason, wether it has been moved to the correct

area or deleted completely. I made a couple of posts which disappeared and then

the topic disappeared.

Pete :hmm:

Peter Robinson

Freelance

M:07889038650

Guest anguscanplay

perhaps theres a ghost like the one that lives in my toolbox - big red driver not there - next time i look its at the top lol

i dont mind the mods saying what they have done and why either there or by message as long as they dont alter our posts to make their posts stronger and remeber you can always report the modding if it is that wrong i have and there was no hard feeling

perhaps theres a ghost like the one that lives in my toolbox - big red driver not there - next time i look its at the top lol

i dont mind the mods saying what they have done and why either there or by message as long as they dont alter our posts to make their posts stronger and remeber you can always report the modding if it is that wrong i have and there was no hard feeling

Trouble is you don`t always know which MOD has been deleting...................Post tampered with!

Peter Robinson

Freelance

M:07889038650

My two pence worth is that when posts or even topics are deleted it would be nice to

see a comment giving some sort of reason, wether it has been moved to the correct

area or deleted completely. I made a couple of posts which disappeared and then

the topic disappeared.

Pete :hmm:

hi pete,

sometimes a post is made that is lets say a lttle unwise or borderline, to comment might seem as though you are being told off or belittled, when we are just protecting amember or company against a posible libel or upset for example.

sometimes by the time we see it, there may be several posts by different members, so it become dificult to make a general remark to cover it all, or pm each contributor which we do try to do.

the recent fire alarm company asking for comment post is an example, time was given for the o/p to qualify and clarify the original question but no further response from him was amde, it descended into a 'guessing' thread, which really made no contribution or sense so it was mainly deleted by one of the fire mods.

i hope this helps

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay

noticed this lately is all the modding been done anonimously there will always be mods who favour one member over another member in an argument its human nature but trust me the report button does work perhaps we need a third area for people who claim trade but cant hold a hammer straight to be flamed in then the lovely public can be answered sweetly and wont be put off by the back room politics

Trouble is you don`t always know which MOD has been deleting...................Post tampered with!

trust me, if i do edit/delete anything i stick my name on it so there's no mistakes

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Trouble is you don`t always know which MOD has been deleting...................Post tampered with

Sorry, if it's been deleted without any explanation then I was probably the one who did it. It takes 2 seconds to hit a delete button, and a while longer to explain why, but to reply to a post saying why a post was removed isn't always appropriate if it's gonne make the topic look silly which more often than not it will do.

As for tampered posts, then it's rarely myself.. I just couldn't be bothered 99% of the time, it's simpler to remove it.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Guest anguscanplay
hi pete,

sometimes a post is made that is lets say a lttle unwise or borderline, to comment might seem as though you are being told off or belittled, when we are just protecting amember or company against a posible libel or upset for example.

sometimes by the time we see it, there may be several posts by different members, so it become dificult to make a general remark to cover it all, or pm each contributor which we do try to do.

the recent fire alarm company asking for comment post is an example, time was given for the o/p to qualify and clarify the original question but no further response from him was amde, it descended into a 'guessing' thread, which really made no contribution or sense so it was mainly deleted by one of the fire mods.

i hope this helps

regs

alan

but as it was in the trade section and NOBODY actually said anything about the firm good or bad we were just talking about companies reputations in general - can you see how it came over as censorship - we had a warning before anyone posted - fair enough - no body overstepped any lines and it was effectivly pulled - now i might have learnt something if it had been allowed to continue -

angus

Archived