Security Installer Community

Computer Controlled Control Panel?

simonp

Hi,

Does anyone know of a control panel that can be accessed from a PC?

I'm looking to replace my control panel with something a bit more advanced. One that can plug into my home network and be controlled from outside, etc

Thanks

Simon

Hi,

Does anyone know of a control panel that can be accessed from a PC?

I'm looking to replace my control panel with something a bit more advanced. One that can plug into my home network and be controlled from outside, etc

Thanks

Simon

What do you want to achieve with this?

bellman will be along shortly to advise on how to do this

I doubt it. Although Bellman does have his Galaxy set up to control aspects of his home, I doubt he'd offer any advice on how he accomplished this in the public forums.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Menvier m range and scantronic 9853 good panels now with upload/download will do all you want and more .

www.AllanMoncrieffAlarms.com

or may be you could look into the visonic range not so flexible I believe but could be set unset remotely

www.AllanMoncrieffAlarms.com

Please also remember that most upload/download software is not suitable for use as Home automation Control and also its not generally available to end users.

Sparky169, wheras I know what can and cant be done with a Galaxy, the original poster may not, also might not be the best solution. Generally I feel its better to find out what the original poster is looking to achieve , before making suggestions

I doubt it. Although Bellman does have his Galaxy set up to control aspects of his home, I doubt he'd offer any advice on how he accomplished this in the public forums.

Dave is quite right, The big G does indeed control most of my house, It really wasn't designed to be used as a home automation unit although it does have several BMS features and through creative use of some of it's programming facilities does a fairly decent job of it.

The programming involved can get fairly complex and it's not something I would recommend a home user try.

As is noted above several other panels allow pc access. Perhaps the premier would be a better option for this?

They are easily obtainable, cheap and the upload / download software is free and readily available.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Dave is quite right, The big G does indeed control most of my house, It really wasn't designed to be used as a home automation unit although it does have several BMS features and through creative use of some of it's programming facilities does a fairly decent job of it.

The programming involved can get fairly complex and it's not something I would recommend a home user try.

As is noted above several other panels allow pc access. Perhaps the premier would be a better option for this?

They are easily obtainable, cheap and the upload / download software is free and readily available.

Regards

Bellman

Hi Bellman - thanks for that. Where can I find out about the premier?

Simon

Archived