Security Installer Community

Who Should Respond To An Activation

Selsport69

Should Security Companies Respond to Activations  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we should follow the States, South Africa & Aus and have Security Response Company attend to all activations.

• Yes
    • No
    • Dont Care

Okay I was thinking, Do you think we should follow some other countries and have security companies respond to activations. I am not talking about alarm engineers attending to check premises over but a guarding company. Like here they dont need to gain access to your building but they do have to gain access to the property to walk round and make sure all is in order.

I was hesitant at first but it works far better over here in SA and I guess it would work in the UK, which would also mean that you dont have to pay the Police for a URN.

Let me know what you think.

cheers Kev

there is not much a copper can do at the crime scene (but mess the place) unless it i an armed robbery and the bad boys are still in.

guard would have keys with him (possibly) and also a circuit map so he knows where to go (if proper reporting method is used - not only channels) in the first place. and depending of the ARC they would have someone sensible as a support (as it is - depending of the company again - here in cs)

I think in the future over her, that is the way it will inevitably go. Personally, i think that an employer who asks a member of staff to investigate a potential break in, where the perps could well still be on site, is a failure in their duty of care to thier employees.

As far as i am aware we already have security guarding companies doing this - and have been for some years.

I can think of 3 -4 companies in the hull area that offer this service.

paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

As far as i am aware we already have security guarding companies doing this - and have been for some years.

I can think of 3 -4 companies in the hull area that offer this service.

paul

been like that for 30 to 40 years in cs..

would also mean that you dont have to pay the Police for a URN.

URN is far cheaper than security company singe callout

you pay taxes=you pay coppers wages

you expect police to attend

what can you expect after PA activation from security guard on

Guarding Companies have been offering this service for years. Basically rent a cop. I worked in this industry for 5 years attending alarm activations. At that time it was mainly offered to commercial customers. Only came against 3 real activations with intruders in side, and one fire!!! with the arsonist still pouring accelerant in the office.

I think guard companies instead of police is good idea

but no with current law

have some friends in the trade

and at the moment best advice for security guard is often:

say you're sorry to interrupt and

ask very politely mr bad guy to walk away

do not stress him out

I can see it going that way within the next 10 years, sooner or later the police will stop responding to domestics and will only probably respond to banks/building societies etc.

The difference between here and SA and USA is that guards would not be allowed weapons.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Okay I was thinking, Do you think we should follow some other countries and have security companies respond to activations. I am not talking about alarm engineers attending to check premises over but a guarding company. Like here they dont need to gain access to your building but they do have to gain access to the property to walk round and make sure all is in order.

I was hesitant at first but it works far better over here in SA and I guess it would work in the UK, which would also mean that you dont have to pay the Police for a URN.

Let me know what you think.

'Robocop' cheaper more relaible honest and faster

Archived