Security Installer Community

Who Should Respond To An Activation

Selsport69

Should Security Companies Respond to Activations  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think we should follow the States, South Africa & Aus and have Security Response Company attend to all activations.

• Yes
    • No
    • Dont Care

I think in the future over her, that is the way it will inevitably go. Personally, i think that an employer who asks a member of staff to investigate a potential break in, where the perps could well still be on site, is a failure in their duty of care to thier employees.

like the fa(break in) i attended police arrived and went,mugins here turns up with keyholder and ..yes they are still in the place as we walk in...me im offski sh1t hot....the police dont care they are milking this industry for urn's while they can before they pull the plug....at least keyholding co's turn up and stay there..

ps didnt i start this thread last nite....or were you really just thinking... :whistle:

what can you expect after PA activation

i know of a bank pa activation(in engineer error) first on scene...traffic warden who heard on his radio....swear down its true..

tho i think the police will still attend pa's for high security applications(usually too late which unless we arm all the police is a good thing imo)

Okay I was thinking, Do you think we should follow some other countries and have security companies respond to activations. I am not talking about alarm engineers attending to check premises over but a guarding company. Like here they dont need to gain access to your building but they do have to gain access to the property to walk round and make sure all is in order.

I was hesitant at first but it works far better over here in SA and I guess it would work in the UK, which would also mean that you dont have to pay the Police for a URN.

Let me know what you think.

i met a lad on a training course who worked for //.National Installer.// sa on the guarding side,he drove around with a gun under his seat,great stories he told and attended bank hold up's..mad mad mad.. :wacko:

I'll be happy the day Police response goes and have for a long time regarded Police response (if they do actually respond) as a waste of time with too much red tape from Alarms Admin.

Even on a genuine break in, rarely does someone actually get caught and you'll be lucky to get the SOCO on site the next day.

Bring it on, We already have 24 Hr guarding & patrols and could offer a first response keyholding service using our guards for our clients. If the insurers & industry changed their attitude in this respect, I'd go for it.

Regards

Chris

Chris Teague (Sales & Operations Manager) Sightguard Intruder Division

Covering the Isle of Wight: - Design, Installation, Maintenance & Takeover of Intruder Alarms, Fire Alarms & Equipment, CCTV, Access Control, Nursecall. Keyholding Service, Guarding & Cash in Transit. SSAIB & NICEIC Registered Tel 01983 884000 / 884440

Any comments / opinions posted could be the voices in my head speaking, but they are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

• 3 weeks later...

The police will not agree but police responce will be stopped in the coming years.

But the law will have to be changed for private security firms to use "Blus Lights" to get through the jams etc. This the police do not want to give away thus we still have police responc.

Whats odd how come lots police around for fals calls but none avilable for the real thing. funny that it happens so offen, don't get me wrong they do a hard thankless job, two copper went way beyond the call of duty to save my sister's life to try to saver her. It's the system & lack of money, most being wasted by the powers that be.

We have taken a positive step to further filter alarm calls, and talk to police before arrivel giving them information down loaded from the system, and advice real time as to whats going on inside the building and how to best cover the building etc, This simple action has changed how police officers deal with us directly and towards our alarm systems, they also know thye have a high prob to grab a body (intruder).

Okay I was thinking, Do you think we should follow some other countries and have security companies respond to activations. I am not talking about alarm engineers attending to check premises over but a guarding company. Like here they dont need to gain access to your building but they do have to gain access to the property to walk round and make sure all is in order.

I was hesitant at first but it works far better over here in SA and I guess it would work in the UK, which would also mean that you dont have to pay the Police for a URN.

Let me know what you think.

What actually does belonging to an inspectorate achieve, other than Police Response !!

1. Standards and Quality of work: Hardly I have seen appaling systems put in by the Nationals

2. For the Public Crime free workers: I dont think so although not admitted by NACOSS subbies are never checked.

3. Discounts offered on Home Insurance: **** 'shop around' most that offer a discount increase it before the offer is made one of my customers was offered

Archived