Security Installer Community

Novice Bell Box Woes...

Ginger

Guest anguscanplay
Hello all,

Firstly I apologise if this is a subject that has been discussed/answered before, but after looking though these forums I can

is your outside sounder a 'Pyronix belle' if so

there need to be a wire going from b- to tf.

then 5 wires coming back to the panel

B- to bell -

B+ to bell +

BA to N/O bell

STB to N/O strobe

BT to Bt

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

hi ginger,

safety is the 1st off the blocks.

very careful and respectful of the high voltages present when the strobe is operated, as they can cause a severe shock of several thousand volts and subsequent burns if you get in contact with them while operating. also while at the sirens, a sudden unexpected operation could startle you and cause an accident.

my initial thought is have you programmed the external sirens as SAB not SCB? if not go back and change the setting.

you mention 2 external sirens, can i suggest you disable the rear one and get the front siren operating properly first, trust me, getting 2 to operate properly has taxed many an experienced engineer, if this forum is anything to go by :rolleyes: .

the sirens will 'ring' in to ways -:

1) from the on-board battery in the absence of a hold of voltage from the controls.

2) a negative applied from the panel.

the strobe is also operated by a separate negative from the panel.

with the above in mind, having disconnected the rear siren ensure you have the 'hold off' voltage present on the correct terminals at the front siren, refer to your drawings supplied with it and apply a negative to the wire you used, this should sound the siren. if it works then great, reconnect it to the panel pcb and test. do same test for strobe.

if you have probs with second siren post back here

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

is your outside sounder a 'Pyronix belle' if so

there need to be a wire going from b- to tf.

then 5 wires coming back to the panel

B- to bell -

B+ to bell +

BA to N/O bell

STB to N/O strobe

BT to Bt

:oops: please feel free to shoot me,this info is not quite correct if two belle's are being used sorry. must learn to read, very quickly ...... sorry

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Hello,

Very speedy replies, thank you to everyone that has taken the time to help so far, my sanity and I appreciate it.

In response to some of the points raised:

Both bells are indeed the

so my strongest advice is get it working on the front siren alone, prove the system is reliable

Based on comments I've seen many times that is excellent advice to a DIY-er.

From what I've seen in these forums it is considered "normal practice" to only have 1 working external siren on a "bells only" domestic installation, with any additional unit being just a dummy, or with just LED's flashing to be visible at night.

So I would give up on making the second unit sound, though if you've got the wiring in you might as well leave the LED's running.

As noted earlier, getting a second siren working can be quite tricky and it doesn't really add anything - so the professional's say and I believe them. :rolleyes:

Based on comments I've seen many times that is excellent advice to a DIY-er.

thanks 'son'

now can you have a pocket money increase now? :no:

:P

regs

alan

Archived