Security Installer Community

Test Kit

hi OH,

we are showing our vintage, this was a standard test, only difference for me was to attach meter, and sound external sirens for a load test.

calibrated meters? pah they are for cissy's

;)

regs

alan

Yes but cissy`s who are conforming to regulations and who can take another meter from another engineer and get the same readings, so if we follow each other about we know we are getting a realistic picture of the panel ect. Not something that could be so far off its going to make a fault where there wasn't one.

cheers

can i have it back then... :whistle:

Err its like this i was getting a new shutter contact out and left it on the roof of the motor and you know well errrrrrrr ummmm i drove off. Its rather fetching in many bits and the pizeo 4 octaves higher in pitch now.

cheers

Err its like this i was getting a new shutter contact out and left it on the roof of the motor and you know well errrrrrrr ummmm i drove off. Its rather fetching in many bits and the pizeo 4 octaves higher in pitch now.

cheers

likely story....when did you last change a shutter contact... :whistle:

Yes but cissy`s who are conforming to regulations and who can take another meter from another engineer and get the same readings, so if we follow each other about we know we are getting a realistic picture of the panel ect. Not something that could be so far off its going to make a fault where there wasn't one.

cheers

hi OH,

just relating to 'old school' days, on Chubb we had a 'mini test' swing needle metr with a plug in adapter to test HP1 12v batteries, if i remember right it was a 35 ohm 50 watt wire wound resister, 2 x bannana plugs mounted onto a bakerlite strip.

this load test 'device' you had to fit 1st, so no way of doing a simple comparrison test. to save all that faffing about i just changed the battery every maintenance, did not cost me a penny so why not?

happy days :rolleyes:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

ACT BATTERY TESTER **** PLUS VAT

Trade prices (even for tools and equipment) in a public forum does not go down well with the Admin or Moderators, however if you wish to but the ACT gold battery tester I can give you the contact detials of a company who will supply it for over ***+vat less.

PM me if you wish their contact details.

Regards,

Chris.

Guest anguscanplay

cheers

at the risk of repeating myself ( have i said that before) in over twenty years i have never prevented a fault by taking a resistance reading we log them at install as a reference but really it is so you can prove you took them in the first place

buy a decent meter

likely story....when did you last change a shutter contact... :whistle:

Last week actually, it was 12 yrs old. One I had fitted as it happens and the encapsulation had totally dissolved. Must be something Mercedes use in their oil as it was one of their service depot`s.

cheers

Any tips?

hi adi, one i used for years was simply an interior light from a car (with a festoon bulb), connect across battery with meter on volts, (dissed from panel :rolleyes: ) take a reading, switch light on and watch voltage drop over 1 min or so period.

bit crude but dead cheap, some guys i worked with had a stop and tail bulb with crock leads, small batt use 'tail', big batt use 'stop'

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived