Security Installer Community

Test Kit

JUST AFTER SOME ADVICE , JUST ABOUT TO INVEST IN SOME NEW TEST EQUIPMENT FOR TESTING ALARMS, I THINK IM GOIN TO BUY THE C3G KIT FROM ACT, WHICH INCLUDES A GOOD MULTIMETER, CA60 mA CURRENT CLAMP, BATTERY TESTER AND IT COMES IN A HARD CASE, DOES ANYONE NO OF ANYHING BETTER COSTING NO MORE THAN

JUST AFTER SOME ADVICE , JUST ABOUT TO INVEST IN SOME NEW TEST EQUIPMENT FOR TESTING ALARMS, I THINK IM GOIN TO BUY THE C3G KIT FROM ACT, WHICH INCLUDES A GOOD MULTIMETER, CA60 mA CURRENT CLAMP, BATTERY TESTER AND IT COMES IN A HARD CASE, DOES ANYONE NO OF ANYHING BETTER COSTING NO MORE THAN

But is the new meter calibrated ?

it should be,,hence the worthless bit of paper that say so...keeps nacoss happy tho...i mean after a year of decent use the meter is srcatched,dented,leads bent etc,why pay for cali when you can buy a new meter,unless you have a top fluke with all the features you dont need or use...

battery testers cost more than that unless its a dodgy one or something.

Make yourself a drop tester, they give a much better indication of true battery condition.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Archived