Security Installer Community

Accenta G3

reedy

Guest anguscanplay

yep so power up mains first

otherwise you are trying to power a system from fresh and recharge a battery that could have been on a suppliers shelf for the last six months and will almost certainly be less than 13v more probably 11v something at the same time as sounding the warning devices and every scanner etc in an activated state try powering up with test meter in place - takes more current than full activation

? locks out with tamper

Or to avoid killing yourself, power up battery first, fit the cover and then connect the mains electric.

and then the panel will still be locked out??

you can not power up a g3 on a low batterry

battery that could have been on a suppliers shelf for the last six months and will almost certainly be less than 13v more probably 11v something

Ah, we all, as we are required, charge our batteries for 24hrs before installation, ....... don't we?

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Got a day off today, so I am going to see if the battery is good or not, and link out the tamper circuit in the panel as a few of you think it could be down to that. Hopefully I will be posting later on today with some good news. Thanks to every1 who got back 2 me!!! :rolleyes:

do not forget the bell tamper, if included in the bell set up. :whistle:

if i am correct, there are 4 possible tamper circuit, any one of which will show tamper on this panel.

they will all need to be closed to put out a tamper light.

? for you. Do you have a fused connection unit connected in the power(240v line).

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Hello, this is my first post.

I have just installed an Accenta G3 alarm panel with a RKP, 2 PIR's and a bell box. When I had finished wiring, I connected the battery to the alarm panel, closed the lid and then powered it up from the mains. The system went into the alarm condition and the tamper light was lit on the key pad. I entered the user code and the alarm ceased and the tamper light and the day light were lit. Here's the problem, in the instruction manual tells me to immediately press program and to enter the engineer code, the key pad doesn't register the engineer code and doesn't make a bleep when i press a button.

Any ideas? :huh:

Hi - I'm no expert but a DIYer like yourself, but take a look at the replies to my topic - "Odyssey 2e Problems", 2 or 3 below yours in the list. Your problem sounds exactly the same as mine.

Guest anguscanplay

corky

have you tried to correct it yet if so lets know how you went on

most control unit gremlins can be sorted by powering down then reconnecting mains first

then if battery over 4years then consider changing always change after six

Good news :gimme: The alarm system is up and running and the tamper circuit is in use. The problem turned out to be the rkp, the spring on the back of it wasn't being held down. The alarm panel is is supplied with mains power from a 3 amp fused spur, (answering KKA's question). Again, I would like to say a massive thank you to every1 who got back to me. I stumbled on this site by accident and I think it is brilliant.

pleased to hear about you success.

the reason i asked about the 3 amp fused spur. is because it is used to isolate the mains while you work on an alarm panel.

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

i will bet you a thousand pound the batterry is dead or not fully charged

you need to power up mains first then conect battery, close lid, enter user code to silence alarm ,

press reset then press prog then enter eng code

we get this a lot on older systems where the battery hasnt been changed from new

and there has been a power cut

ok

hi ciachris,

the op has installed a new system so fair to assume new kit and a new battery. agreed may still be flat and is possibly indicated as such because the op only mentions the alarm firing when the mains is turned on (not when the battery is connected).

the o/p needs to post some more info for any of us to better help him, meanwhile i bet you should withdraw your 1k bet for a moment (or until he do's) ;)

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived