Security Installer Community

Accenta G3

reedy

Ok- problem fixed. It was a tamper switch fault on a PIR that I had fixed some time ago. It seems the plastic bit on the cover no longer closes the tamper switch. I removed this PIR from the tamper circuit and all is fine. Same fault, different area as for this guy's problem, which turned out be the tamper switch on his RKP :whistle:

Resetting the power as described did nothing, setting the bell to SAB also seemed to do nothing.

SO !!! many thanks everyone for your help - it gave me more confidence to try things I would not have thought of otherwise, which prompted me to think a little further into things for myself. :rolleyes:

One more question - with the panel locked up showing tamper, the bell switched off with the entry code, strobe still flashing. Then when removing bell cover, bell sounded, but when bell tamper switch was closed it stopped. I would have thought that the bell would have kept going until reset by the panel? :hmm:

hi Corky,

the answer is no, the operation is correct.

if the alarm was set it would tamper and ring in the normal way on removal of the lid while unset (and not ringing from the panel). when you removed the lid, the internal warning normally generated by any tamper is 'suspended' due to the pre existing tamper condition having not (already in 'lock-out) been cleared/reset.

so the siren rings when tampered with, this is the SAB side and the siren when you remove the lid, so refitting the lid the siren stops it.

i hope that is clear enough.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay
hi Corky,

the answer is no, the operation is correct.

if the alarm was set it would tamper and ring in the normal way on removal of the lid while unset (and not ringing from the panel). when you removed the lid, the internal warning normally generated by any tamper is 'suspended' due to the pre existing tamper condition having not (already in 'lock-out) been cleared/reset.

so the siren rings when tampered with, this is the SAB side and the siren when you remove the lid, so refitting the lid the siren stops it.

i hope that is clear enough.

regs

alan

told him this in the other post he posted but with a lot less words lol

told him this in the other post he posted but with a lot less words lol

know your place Angus,

you stick to battery 'quotes' and 240 hazard's or i'll be out of work :)

lol

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived