Security Installer Community

Accenta G3

reedy

Hello, this is my first post.

I have just installed an Accenta G3 alarm panel with a RKP, 2 PIR's and a bell box. When I had finished wiring, I connected the battery to the alarm panel, closed the lid and then powered it up from the mains. The system went into the alarm condition and the tamper light was lit on the key pad. I entered the user code and the alarm ceased and the tamper light and the day light were lit. Here's the problem, in the instruction manual tells me to immediately press program and to enter the engineer code, the key pad doesn't register the engineer code and doesn't make a bleep when i press a button.

Any ideas? :huh:

I have just installed an Accenta G3 alarm panel with a RKP, 2 PIR's and a bell box. When I had finished wiring, I connected the battery to the alarm panel, closed the lid and then powered it up from the mains. The system went into the alarm condition and the tamper light was lit on the key pad. I entered the user code and the alarm ceased and the tamper light and the day light were lit. Here's the problem, in the instruction manual tells me to immediately press program and to enter the engineer code, the key pad doesn't register the engineer code and doesn't make a bleep when i press a button.

I assume you have the engineers/installation manual. Somewhere in there it explains that if there's a tamper you have to clear it before you can do anything at all.

So, you need to find and rectify the cause of the tamper condition first. If you can't get success on that come back here and post what you've done to test/correct it and the results.

Hi

The panel will lockout until you clear your tamper fault. so you need to check your tamper circuits for any faults.

Redspark

? are you using the tamper circuit.

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

i will bet you a thousand pound the batterry is dead or not fully charged

you need to power up mains first then conect battery, close lid, enter user code to silence alarm ,

press reset then press prog then enter eng code

we get this a lot on older systems where the battery hasnt been changed from new

and there has been a power cut

ok

Guest anguscanplay

powering up with a duff battery is the resaon i dont have to work 9 to 5 anymore

i must get called out three times a week to reboot crashed panels

if you are at risk of a shock powering up a panel you shouldnt be in there the first place

dont be tempted to put the old battery back in though it will fail again next power cut

most of the posts i have read on this forum about control panel faults can be cured by a new battery

every callout we do gets one unless i installed the battery and can prove its age

Archived