Security Installer Community

Accenta G3

reedy

Guest anguscanplay

Daddy

o/p defiantly said powered battery first and then mains which is a bwp ( bad working practise) so reasonable to check this out first before going further as it happens he has found the fault himself but i am suprised a new generation panel would still be locking out because of a keypad tamper though that kind of thing ended with 9800`s

luckly i never put any money down though you could stop my spending money if you want but will always say to anybody with a control panel gremlin to do a straight power down and back up first before anything else and as i have said elseware if you dont know the age of the battery is under six years get a new one

Daddy

o/p defiantly said powered battery first and then mains which is a bwp ( bad working practise) so reasonable to check this out first before going further as it happens he has found the fault himself but i am suprised a new generation panel would still be locking out because of a keypad tamper though that kind of thing ended with 9800`s

luckly i never put any money down though you could stop my spending money if you want but will always say to anybody with a control panel gremlin to do a straight power down and back up first before anything else and as i have said elseware if you dont know the age of the battery is under six years get a new one

now look here son :whistle:

you make me realise, that grandchildren are the only reason i did'nt effect infantcide on my immediate offspring at birth.

i know the o/p went battery 1st, and is exactely what i said, ie his sirens went afterwards (as i read the post) when he turned on the mains.

damn children never listen (Mumble! Mumble!) where my rusty tin of Ovaltine got to? darn wipper snappers (Mumble! Mumble!) can't find my drool pan now.

:P

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest anguscanplay

my post above times two classic mains surge

will someont tell me how to do the quote highlight box please

and wheres my password for the inst manuals section

contact Richl by pm to obtain the password for the manuals site :)

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

hi ciachris,

the op has installed a new system so fair to assume new kit and a new battery. agreed may still be flat and is possibly indicated as such because the op only mentions the alarm firing when the mains is turned on (not when the battery is connected).

the o/p needs to post some more info for any of us to better help him, meanwhile i bet you should withdraw your 1k bet for a moment (or until he do's) ;)

regs

alan

yerr gonna keep to tennas

cheers alan

corky

have you tried to correct it yet if so lets know how you went on

most control unit gremlins can be sorted by powering down then reconnecting mains first

then if battery over 4years then consider changing always change after six

Ok- problem fixed. It was a tamper switch fault on a PIR that I had fixed some time ago. It seems the plastic bit on the cover no longer closes the tamper switch. I removed this PIR from the tamper circuit and all is fine. Same fault, different area as for this guy's problem, which turned out be the tamper switch on his RKP :whistle:

Resetting the power as described did nothing, setting the bell to SAB also seemed to do nothing.

SO !!! many thanks everyone for your help - it gave me more confidence to try things I would not have thought of otherwise, which prompted me to think a little further into things for myself. :rolleyes:

One more question - with the panel locked up showing tamper, the bell switched off with the entry code, strobe still flashing. Then when removing bell cover, bell sounded, but when bell tamper switch was closed it stopped. I would have thought that the bell would have kept going until reset by the panel? :hmm:

Archived