Security Installer Community

Tools Down ' Here We Go '

binthere

That it Guys thanks I will take the general position and always fit a filter form 2 Jan 2007.

One last question we have found some filters are useless and do not work, what the general views of a good filter at a good price ?

We use the solwise filters...look like a b.t socket..we fit them inside the panel to stop anyone plugging a phone into the socket

We use the solwise filters...look like a b.t socket..we fit them inside the panel to stop anyone plugging a phone into the socket

Yep, Solwise have always had a good reputation for filters. They've often performed well in difficult areas where other filters have caused excessive noise\intermittent ADSL sync.

Would have thought that anything connected would need a filter

Recent phone advice from Redcare whilst sorting a fault on a redcare line was NOT to fit an inline ADSL filter, I pointed out that there own installer has recommeded I fit it.. They insisted it was removed.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

always a filter, and you are also supposed to fit a 6kres with the gardtec, bot no one does.

also last week i had to don my cowboy hat and splice into the bell cable for the dialer. customer wanted it upstairs hidden and there was no chance of getting a cable back to the panel due to renovations.

Well never mind if its the wrong/right thing to do(myself dialler(i think) should be adjacent panel) there is only one person that matters and that is the customer...and thats because (sometimes) they pay their bill/ our wages!!!!!!! :whistle:

Recent phone advice from Redcare whilst sorting a fault on a redcare line was NOT to fit an inline ADSL filter, I pointed out that there own installer has recommeded I fit it.. They insisted it was removed.

Redcare are incorrect in their information supplied on this matter.

That was a bit unkind norman. I think he was saying that he felt uncomfortable about doing it in a way that he usually wouldn't.
No, he said he wore a cowboy hat, I would agree with his sentiments.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Archived