Security Installer Community

Tools Down ' Here We Go '

binthere

That's it 11am Friday 22nd No more Installs,Sevicing or Alterations until 2 Jan 2007.

Had a meeting with the Accountant today another good year, have earnt enough to pay for at least another 5 Somalian Assylum seekers to live here on my behalf next year including enough money to buy gun's and other weapons to kill and injure even more innocent victims.

Still other than being on 'Callout' hopefully We should have a great time.

Will use this great website when the kids drive me mad during the holidays.

One Question SD1 dialler on broad band line has been a subject of debate as to if a filter is needed or not the Manufacturers told us 'not needed' however we fit about 2 a week and have found sometimes it works with broadband and sometimes it does not work without a filter. just a hissing sound! and NO outgoing message Has anyone else got good practice idea's :ranting:

Merry Christmas and A VERY PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR :cold2:

Had a meeting with the Accountant today another good year, have earnt enough to pay for at least another 5 Somalian Assylum seekers to live here on my behalf next year including enough money to buy gun's and other weapons to kill and injure even more innocent victims.

right...... came across this today

"She was shot while she cradled the baby," said Mr Altman. ''The effect of the shot to her head caused Mrs Kalokoh to collapse to the floor still with the baby in her arms. Although covered in Mrs Kalokoh's blood the baby was mercifully unharmed."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml.../22/ngang22.xml

gosh not failed Assylum seekers (for change)

That's it 11am Friday 22nd No more Installs,Sevicing or Alterations until 2 Jan 2007.

Still other than being on 'Callout' hopefully We should have a great time.

Will use this great website when the kids drive me mad during the holidays.

One Question SD1 dialler on broad band line has been a subject of debate as to if a filter is needed or not the Manufacturers told us 'not needed' however we fit about 2 a week and have found sometimes it works with broadband and sometimes it does not work without a filter. just a hissing sound! and NO outgoing message Has anyone else got good practice idea's :ranting:

Merry Christmas and A VERY PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR :cold2:

Re the Sd1 and broadband we have found a filter is not needed in most connections with broad band sometimes even with a filter it does not work But it will pulse out! Yes we agree 'It's weird'

Re the Sd1 and broadband we have found a filter is not needed in most connections with broad band sometimes even with a filter it does not work But it will pulse out! Yes we agree 'It's weird'

Not fitting a filter is the wrong way of doing it, whether it works or not, not weird. ;)

Any analogue telephony device, such as diallers, phones, Sky boxes, fax machines, dial-up modems etc... all need a filter fitting to them. Even if they work now line conditions can change in the future and some of these devices and\or ADSL can stop working\drop out. Some effects of lack of filters\cheap filters can be intermittent dropping out of ADSL, slight background noises on the analogue side so they aren't always instantly noticed so the first diagnosis of 'it works' can be false.

According to cooper tech support(depending on who you speak too) they always say fit a filter you also have to fit 1 k(i think) resistors to the inputs on the sd1 to stop false triggering...now thats a new one on me fitted a fair few in my time and i have never fitted resistors :rolleyes:

According to cooper tech support(depending on who you speak too) they always say fit a filter you also have to fit 1 k(i think) resistors to the inputs on the sd1 to stop false triggering...now thats a new one on me fitted a fair few in my time and i have never fitted resistors :rolleyes:

Ahhh the classic "thats never happened before/different advice from diff techs"

Same here never used a resistor with any variant of the SD`s.

cheers

Never fitted 1k risistors but always fitted a filter if on Broadband line.

Ditto.(xtra words added to satisfy minimum post length)

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Ahhh the classic "thats never happened before/different advice from diff techs"

Same here never used a resistor with any variant of the SD`s.

cheers

Well according to coopers it as always been the case that the resistors have had to be fitted??????....Wish they had let me/us in on the secret :banned:

Archived