Security Installer Community

Uvpc Windows

binthere

Further to reply there is no seal on UPVC window frames only on the glass sealed unit, unfortunatly the insurance co has specified window contacts as well as internal protection, we often fixed window contacts to pvcu (or whatever it is called now) but we have used normal surface with screws, but this time the window people are being adamant no screws.

I like awkward questions sorry!

Binthere

Araldite Rapid

just thought i'd add this in, why not use the '2 pack' they use to stick on the beeding?

i posted in another thread that only one company (Everest) to my knowledge has ever claimed the sections were factory vacum sealed, and so peircing them would degrade the insulation properties.

for your own protection you need to get written permission from the client prior to drillling, then leave it up to him/her to do battle with Insurrance Co and Glazing Company.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Screw it and tell the customer thats it or no alarm.

99% of the time its only the front door though.

Yup, everything else will fall off/look ****.

• 2 months later...
We have all been told by upvc window/door installers 'if the alarm engineer drill's the windows for surface contacts the warranty is void they must use the stick on type'

I've just ordered some windows and a door and I asked specifically about the door contacts.

The surveyor (not the salesman) said, not a problem, ask the fitters where and how you should SCREW them back on it - we know it's needed and allow for it and it doesn't void the warranty.

He also pointed out that some adjustment or packing may be needed as the new door would be offset from the frame (unlike the old wooden one).

That was Everest by the way................... :whistle:

Guest anguscanplay

how do they fit the letter boxes and handles

the only reason they sat no drilling is so the customer dont make them put it back on and get it wrong

same as carpet fitters and no hoovering fot three days lol

same as carpet fitters and no hoovering fot three days lol

Yeah thats a good one, saves them tidying up, they also say, we'll leave all these remnants with you incase you need them. What do you do with a bit of carpet 10 ft long by 6 inches wide?

Answers on a postcard, photo replies only.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Guest anguscanplay
Yeah thats a good one, saves them tidying up, they also say, we'll leave all these remnants with you incase you need them. What do you do with a bit of carpet 10 ft long by 6 inches wide?

Answers on a postcard, photo replies only.

decided since reading the eng manual argument the other day that if the book should stay because it came with the panel so should all the bits of cable and empty boxes too

let them sneak it into the local dump at night lol

decided since reading the eng manual argument the other day that if the book should stay because it came with the panel so should all the bits of cable and empty boxes too

let them sneak it into the local dump at night lol

Well afterall, they paid for them :whistle:

Archived