Security Installer Community

Adding A Panel To An Ademco Galaxy 16+

Guest Synergy

Guest Synergy

Evening Gents,

I'm just about to start the electrics for a garage /workshop. We have an Ademco Galaxy 16+ (supplied by //.National Installer.//) and I want to add a system for the garage but link it in with the system in the house. Can anyone suggest the best makes to go for? Is there any way to link to the house alarm using a wirless tx and Rx?

Many thanks for advice

Synergy :)

Guest Synergy
is it currently on contract with //.National Installer.//?

Yes......the //.National Installer.// engineer suggested I supply and fit the extra equipment and he would program it all to work together.

SYnergy

lol er..... he shouldnt have, if you have him do that it will affect your warrenty with //.National Installer.//, the approval of the system not to mention anything else

Is this alarm an insurance requirement????

Guest Synergy
Is this alarm an insurance requirement????

Nope....more for a bit of peace of mind!

Any suggestions on kit that will interface with the galaxy?? It's got to be a wireless link back to the house. The system in the garage can be wired or not!

anything will i/f with a gal 16 as long as your using an input. There are no rf devices that will contect directly to your panel as it never supported wireless.

as its 4737 you should pick an old transmitter that is class 3 or above. Id recomment the scantronic rf stuff but it isnt cheap. Im sure other will recommend alternatives. I would also wire the garage system and just link it via rf and then there will be no battieries to worry about changing, cos //.National Installer.// wont chnage these for you if you do this

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

what im trying to get at is that this is a foriegner onto a monitored system from //.National Installer.// and will mayber alter insurance because this is an alteration to spec etc.

after a breakin, the insurers will want to have the spec and it aint as fitted so maybe invalidates insurance

Eucam Security Systems

0845 4630 746

www.eucam.co.uk

what im trying to get at is that this is a foriegner onto a monitored system from //.National Installer.// and will mayber alter insurance because this is an alteration to spec etc.

after a breakin, the insurers will want to have the spec and it aint as fitted so maybe invalidates insurance

Its not a insurance requirement apparantley

Archived