Security Installer Community

Panel That Speaks Queen's English!!!

Guest CraigDiver

Get the TEXECOM PREMIER PANEL for the avarage house you would proberly be better of with the PREMIER 24 which gives you 24 zones 8 on board the main CPU and the option of 2 more expanders which if your going to add smokes/pir/pa upstairs you only need to run one cable upstairs and stick the expander up there. saves running loads of wiring down stairs you can even wire the bellbox into it using the outputs in the expander.

The keypad gives you a welcome message as you enter your code or produce the fob when programmed it will display the persons name on the screen.

Yes they all have full english text, but thats not what the chap was asking, unless I missread the quest?

Pete

Well, as a total novice I actually thought he meant - Can I have a panel that explains what it's doing and how to use it and set it up in English words not codes? I didn't initially read it as wanting speech synthesis (and certainly not speech recognition). :whistle:

Eurosec doesnt speak nor any the other panels mentioned as far as I know, (apart from the Powermax )

Yes they all have full english text, but thats not what the chap was asking, unless I missread the quest?

Pete

Hi Pete,

i think you misread, but then another member posted suggesting the 'speaking panel' which doubled up on the op's needs.

i wonder if like TomTom6, you could have Sharon or Ozzy swear at you for deveating from the entry route - "turn arround when possible - A$$&@le" at 120 db, now that could be really funny :yes:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Well, as a total novice I actually thought he meant - Can I have a panel that explains what it's doing and how to use it and set it up in English words not codes? I didn't initially read it as wanting speech synthesis (and certainly not speech recognition). :whistle:

:hmm: we can't ever allow anyone to have that or next will be 'help' on how to connect 2 sirens, whats an internal speaker, why and when do you use double knock on a pab? :rolleyes:

and maybe we won't need this wonderful forum anymore :cold2:

regs

alan

He could wait for the new Bosch panel , that speaks , but why would you want it to?.

Achtung!!! Ze Alarm.....

Double knock on PA`s, astounding........!

Goes off twice or stays open more than 8 seconds, don't meet BS but will work...

The topic clearly says "Speaks" thats where both I and Matt got confused.

The powermax btw says exactly what you would expect it to say, and no mention of plonkers though there is bit where you can record your own zone descriptors.

Pete

Hi Peter,

the a post header as you say refered to the spoken queens english word, but from the post i think he meant the manuals written in plain english - so imo he should not hold his breath :rolleyes:

i do see this as a good and important inovation, many users have poor eysight, perhaps do not have their reading glasses on when attending, and the 'written word' on displays confusses especially the nervous, like Gartecs "ALARM" - "Press NO to View" (why not YES?)simply floors most normal users comprehension and understanding.

if on unsetting after an alarm the panel warns of an activation and in what area, can only be good, and brilliant for zones on test to bring attention, as keyholder may investigate the cause before other misleading events take place like left open windows.

many foreign visitors can understand English far quicker than they speak it, in future software (as with telephone systems) after programming could possibly be switched to another languadge.

regs

alan

Archived