Security Installer Community

Panel That Speaks Queen's English!!!

Guest CraigDiver

Guest CraigDiver

Hi,

About ten years ago I had my own business designing and installing intruder systems (i'm a sparky). I appreciate the technology behind systems has changed considerably.

I'm about to put a wired system in my new house and would like a remote panel with LCD display that tells it like it is!

Can anyone reccomend a panel that describes activation zones in plain english (programmable names such as upstairs hall, loft hatch etc.). I'm not fussed whether it is octopus wired or data bus termination system.

Thanks in advance for advice.

Kind Regards

CraigDiver

Hi,

About ten years ago I had my own business designing and installing intruder systems (i'm a sparky). I appreciate the technology behind systems has changed considerably.

I'm about to put a wired system in my new house and would like a remote panel with LCD display that tells it like it is!

Can anyone reccomend a panel that describes activation zones in plain english (programmable names such as upstairs hall, loft hatch etc.). I'm not fussed whether it is octopus wired or data bus termination system.

Thanks in advance for advice.

Kind Regards

CraigDiver

I'll get lampooned for saying this, but the Visonic Powermax+ system has those things, and their new remote keypad replicates everything that the panel does (with voice - English accent).

Visonic - Powermax + description page

(Dons tin hat and dives back behind sand bags).

I can point you in the right direction to talk to someone if that is the sort of system you are after. Let me know what area you are in and I can get one of their account managers to have a word.

I am sure there will be some more suggestions forthcoming if that is not the kind of thing you are after

Actually - just noticed that you are after a wired system, so the above is probably irrelevant. Powermax is wireless.

Matt Gilmartin, Sales Director

T: +44(01205) 821111 | F: +44(01205) 820316

info@smoke-screen.co.uk | www.smoke-screen.co.uk

Head office:

1-2 North End, Swineshead, Boston, Lincs PE20 3LR

Registered in the UK no. 2728491

Guest CraigDiver
Texecom Excel / premier , eurosec cp8L

plus many others

do you want it to speak ?

Oh my goodness, they speak to you now - where have I been in the last 10 years!!!

What does it tell you when it speaks?

CraigDiver

Oh my goodness, they speak to you now - where have I been in the last 10 years!!!

What does it tell you when it speaks?

CraigDiver

i bet it go's "you plonker"

and the bad word filter prevents an acurate reply - especially when you mis-wire it :whistle:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Guest CraigDiver

plus many others

Thanks FASTCAR,

Not fussed about it speaking, but does sound like a cool feature if available!!!

Also, upon looking at keypads, having keyfob arm & disarm would be handy

The eurosec CP8L looks good but only offers 8 zones, do you know of a similar data-bus termination system? (would like to have detectors on individual circuits/zones - will be using PIRs and vipers)

cheers

CraigDiver

Texecom Premier

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Guest Peter James

plus many others

Eurosec doesnt speak nor any the other panels mentioned as far as I know, (apart from the Powermax )

Yes they all have full english text, but thats not what the chap was asking, unless I missread the quest?

Pete

Archived