Security Installer Community

Panel That Speaks Queen's English!!!

Guest CraigDiver

Hi FASTCAR,

pity no piccy, this bit tickled me -:

Alternatively, entering a pass-code or pressing a single button can arm the panel. Immediately, a voice prompt will tell you the current status and the display will be illuminated.

Chubbs had a 'set' button to press when outside, it allowed grills to be lowered etc, after the keyholder started the exit routine the bleeper in the box outside attracted attention, so the times someone would press the button while the keyholder was stiill closing up, or a concerned adjacent shop owner would press it thinking the keyholder had forgotten trapping them inside trhe protection :rolleyes:

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CraigDiver

Thanks guys for all your comments, some very amusing!!

Sorry if I mislead. I only wanted to program the system so that it would display Diningroom instead of Zone 1. Speaking, voice recognition etc. would be cool but completely unecessary for an intruder system IMHO.

I have many years of experience with older scantronic LCD remote panels which did not allow zones to be described as something more meaningful.

I fully agree that systems for medium security and above should not be DIY territory. I like panels that are a nightmare to program, keeps me in a job!

I think i'll go for the TEXECOM PREMIER 24 with a zone expander.

Thanks again.

CraigDiver

Archived