Security Installer Community

Would You Install A Galaxy In A Domestic?

Matt Ward

My castle care-tech 2700 has finally had it. The PSU went many years ago, and my external PSU fed into the transformer input (which is wound up to 18VDC) doesn't work anymore (it's a long story!).

I installed/serviced alarms for about 10 years, but this was back in 9500 and Racal 1012 PIR days ! I now work in CCTV and mainly Access control (Cardax).

As a company, ocasionally we install intruder (but rarely). We use the Galaxy alot, but I don't have a vast operating experience with them.

Going back to the point, I am looking at installing a Galaxy in my house to replace the Castle care-tech 2700.

It would be great if I can get some advice on the following...

1) Is the part-set programmable as 'silent', and is it 'silent' or does it give a loud chime at the end of the setting procedure to wake everyone up!?

2) Can you program an input to part set the system (silent mode). I'm thinking of installing a switch on the landing to make it easier for everyone to set it at night. Noone does at the moment because "its too much hassle!". It must set silently though!

3) Whats the minimum spec for a Galaxy control panel to get a proxkeypad to work. Is it a Galaxy 16, 64 or whatever.

4) Is the FIRE tone different from the normal alarm tone?

5) Would "you" use a Galaxy in a house?!

Thank you very much for reading this and any advise!

Matt

Oh yeah, why Galaxy? I have a few parts left over, and also you can get many cheap parts on ebay (seems to be a very popular panel!).

i have a g60 in my house, But silent set on part set is only available on the 16+ and g2 range. the bigger ones dont unless you want to mess with links and disabling spk outputs with different codes etc.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

i have a g60 in my house, But silent set on part set is only available on the 16+ and g2 range. the bigger ones dont unless you want to mess with links and disabling spk outputs with different codes etc.

Incorrect, it's available across the galaxy range.

My 504 silent sets... :P

menu 51.59 Part tone :whistle:

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

yes i am about to install a galaxy into my home, why not have one of the very best imo. :)

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Colin, a 512, the high security dual code version??

Regards

Bellman

I stand corrected then, so if disbale part tone, my spk (e/e horn) and keypad wont sound? What happens at completion of set still get the double beep?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Regards

Bellman

You are right but on the REALLY old software versions silent part set was not poss....tried to do it earlier this week and could'nt...thought i was cracking up :fear:

After talking to galaxy tech support i did crack up :ninja:

Archived