Security Installer Community

Cable Tracer

rob walton

Has anyone purchased the Rapport 337 tester yet?

I have been offered it a bit cheaper than ACT but still cant decide :hmm:

have heard of it but prefer ACT much better in my opinion

All comments in this post are my own views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer

have heard of it but prefer ACT much better in my opinion

But if it's cheaper elsewhere it'll still be the same unit, just that ACT won't have rebranded it as theirs.

Nice idea if I had loads of spare cash but realistically, I wouldn't want one. The thing goes wrong and you've lost a whole set of testers, I'll stick with all the individual ones.

• 3 months later...

Got one of those Tempo toners, works as needed and the mag on the back is quite handy. Just took the crocs off mine and put Popper leads on it.

Also have a nice Tempo voice tagger for toning out 9 circuits at a time, sends a voice speaking the number down the line.

Saves tons of time along with the 2 Progressive (Tempo) toners and my TDR's with variable tones. :yes:

Got one of those Tempo toners, works as needed and the mag on the back is quite handy. Just took the crocs off mine and put Popper leads on it.

Also have a nice Tempo voice tagger for toning out 9 circuits at a time, sends a voice speaking the number down the line.

Saves tons of time along with the 2 Progressive (Tempo) toners and my TDR's with variable tones. :yes:

the voice tagger 'sounds' very nifty, and a new idea on me. my 2 Fluke 620e's have 8 'iD modules', so much the same idea as you know by the number displayed, i don't get affected by loud background noise with it as you might with voice.

reg

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Just looked at those tempo voice taggers they look awesome http://www.etool.ca/eTool/RENDER/1/61/420/11067.html i'll have to pick one of those up.

couple of my buddies have these. i borrowed it and managed to trace radio2 on it, no joke! its not very consistent but its also not too expensive.

agreed, cheap enough to rattle around in your toolbox to save a walk to the van, o forget and lose, but not a patch on the Fluke 200's, but then they cost

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived